A tradition in the TikiWiki community, a TikiFest is a meeting between Tiki contributors (that usually meet only online). This is an opportunity, usually, to socialize over drinks, get some laptops out and code wildly in group sessions and/or discuss about wiki technology and culture, etc. depending the mood and context. It is a great opportunity for Tiki users and Tiki power users to meet some of the developers and learn more stuff
If you are new/curious about Tiki, come and meet the contributors. There will be someone available to provide you with a one-to-one orientation any day. There will be a free workshop "introduction to Tiki" and TikiFest refreshments (beer and wine).
UPDATE: Photo of some of the TikiFestNY team, Casa Frela, January 18, 2010.
Table of contents
NTDTV had this to say about TikiFests when we held the longest one ever in Barcelona in summer 2009.
- 14-15-16-17-18 January 2010
- From about 10 in the morning to whenever each day
- Special reception on Saturday afternoon (the 16th), starting at 2 p.m.
- It's a big bug squash! We'll knock out as many bugs as we can, and if it can't be fixed in 30 minutes, then we move on to the next one -> 30 minutes fixes
- Saturday afternoon (the 16th), starting at 2 p.m., there'll be:
- Introduction to Tiki
- Launch of Tikiwiki.tv: Our new video portal using the latest Tiki-Kaltura integration.
- Beer, wine and refreshments. (What? No cocktails?! )
- Marc Laporte (Arrival 13th, departure 19th)
- jonny B (arrive Jan 14th p.m., departure 19th)
- Nelson Ko (arrive Jan 15 before noon)
- Pascal St-Jean
- Rise (he will be attending for ibrrorg on 16JAN10 after 1500EST)
- Philippe Cloutier
- Adam Miron
- Duane Kennedy
- Mike Girardin
Casa Frela Gallery in New York City (Manhattan) in the neighborhood of Harlem. The address is:
47 West 119th St.
New York, NY 10026
- You can use built in VOIP
- Call local Ottawa Number - 613-366-1985
- Call local Toronto Number - 647-367-2991
- Call Toll-Free Number - 866-964-7085
Conference Number: 85113
- 30 minute fixes
- Cleanup session to remove Endangered Features
- Flash group brainstorming (5-10 minutes per major feature to identify major UI annoyances and 30 minute fixes
- Registration & login
- Wiki editor & helper
- Admin panels
- Trackers, including User Trackers
- Site Identity
- Documentation links from app to doc
- File Gallery (but there is a branch to re-engineer)
- Discuss File Gallery slideshow (Joel's Research)
- test http://demo.tikiwiki.org/coe_filegal_manager/ from http://tikiwiki.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tikiwiki/branches/experimental/coe_filegal_manager/
- Opening Space for Peace and High Performance, January 15-18, 2010, New York