The Legal Team handles everything to do with copyrights, licenses, etc. for content and software and helps the Tiki Software Community Association. The coordinator is Nelson Ko (whom you can contact to join the team).
- Check the licenses of all newly included or updated code.
- Protect Trademarks
- Send letters out to people using our trademark without permission because if we don't protect, we weaken our position
Tasks (do and cross out)
- Assist for Tiki Software Community Association administrative setup.
- Gather/manage all the official paper work of the association (Incorporation, etc.)
- Write up Terms of Service
- Write up a confidentiality agreement
- When someone gets admin access to tiki.org (and even more when it's a dump of the data), we would want a confidentiality agreement.
Tiki footer emails say: "Tiki®, TikiWiki®, and the Tiki logo are registered trademarks of the Tiki Software Community Association.", but I am pretty sure the logo is not covered. Do we keep or change this sentence? marclaporte
- Coordinate with Team from WVU Entrepreneurship Clinic of the West Virginia University College of Law for 2013-2014 school year.
- Determine acceptable uses of Tiki Trademarks
- Write up something like http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/legal/fraud-report/index.html
- Prepare a plan
- In collaboration with Finance Team and Fundraising Team, determine if we should become a 501c
- Official Association yearly filing with the government (Nelson)
- Who did this last? And when is the next time it needs to be done?