This proposal initially suggested the name Official Tiki Consultant for approved people. The new suggestion is Tiki Service Provider. More names are proposed at the end.
This is a proposal to revamp the existing Tiki Consultants list (http://info.tiki.org/Consultants). I see this decision at the sole discretion of the Tiki Board.
Although this is the list that will be maintained on tiki.org, (maintained by the Tiki Board), there is no endorsement of any kind. (The commercial relation is between you and the service provider)
Table of contents
- Make it easy for end-users to find/locate/search for Tiki Consultants
- Make it easy for consultants to create/update their listing
- Grow the Tiki Community by requiring active participation from listed consultants
- Give the Tiki Association ability to list/de-list Consultants, as needed.
- Use trackers/pretty trackers to create the Tiki Consultants list (dogfood)
- Require all Tiki Consultants to agree/abide by a Tiki Code of Conduct
- Listings are renewed/re-verified each year (calendar year)
- Consultant completes a form (tracker) with the required information.
- Tiki Association verifies information and "approves" the listing
- In January of each year, an email (dogfood newsletter?) sent to all consultants to:
- Verify their listing
- Renew their agreement (Tiki Code of Conduct)
Tiki Code of Conduct
- I am registered on the Tiki Community site with a valid username.
- I pledge to be an active participant in the Tiki Community and help improve Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware.
- I do offer a Tiki-related service.
- I will not partake in any activities that the Tiki Software Community Association deems detrimental to Tiki.
To be listed, consultants must agree to the following:
- Be registered on tw.o with a valid username.
- This is self-explanatory and easy to verify.
- Helps to grow the Tiki Community
- Ensures that the consultant really is a member
Be subscribed to the tikiwiki-devel list
- Actually, I (ricks99) don't think this should be a requirement. A consultant may not necessarily be a developer. And, as a side issue, I think the dev and user lists should be combined... but that's a different issue.
- Be an active participant in the Tiki community.
- This could be just about anything: making a financial donation to the Association, hosting a TikiFest, maintaining doc pages, posting in the forums, writing a book , etc.
- Actually offer a Tiki-related service
- This could be actual consulting, Tiki-friendly hosting, training, etc.
- Not partake in any activities that the Association deems detrimental to Tiki.
- This is purposely vague enough to give the Association wiggle room" in the event that the Association needs to take some sort of action to "de-list" a consultant.
Draft Email Message
To announce this new Tiki Service Provider list, we should send the following to each person currently listed as a consultant:
You are receiving this email because you are listed as a Tiki Consultant on http://info.tiki.org/Consultants
We have completely reworked the Tiki Consultant listings. Visitors will now be able to search/filter the list of consultants by:
1. Name (wildcard search)
2. Location (country selector)
3. Consultant type (individual or company)
4. Specific service offered.
In addition, the Tiki Software Community Association has formalized the process to become listed as an Tiki Service Provider. Please see http://info.tiki.org/Tiki+Service+Provider for complete information.
We plan to formally announce the program on Feb. 1, 2011 and would like to have you included, at that time. You will need to supply the following information:
- Name (as you wish to be listed)
- Logo/photo (apox 175x200 in png, gif, or jpg)
- Location (country)
- Type (individual or company)
- Tiki.org username (this user will be able to edit/update the record in the future)
- Languages (to help matchmaking of people of specific languages, even if not geographically close)
- Description (up to 500 words, can included fully wiki syntax, links, etc.)
- Services offered (indicate Y/N for each):
- Custom programming
- Installation and setup
- 3rd party integration
Note: You will be able to edit/update this information, as needed.
In addition, all consultants must agree to the Tiki Code of Conduct in order to be included in the Tiki Service Provider program. You must:
1. Be registered on the Tiki Community site with a valid username.
2. Be an active participant in the Tiki Community.
3. Offer a Tiki-related service.
4. Not partake in any activities that the Tiki Software Community Association deems detrimental to Tiki.
Listings will be renewed in January of each year. As a consultant listed on the Tiki Service Provider list, you can use the specialized logo (with a link to tiki.org/consultants so visitors can independently check that a member is in good standing) and include the text Tiki Service Provider in any of your material as long as your use does not imply any sort of association with or endorsement by the Tiki Software Community Association (basically, you respect that Tiki software Communication Associations owns the trademark, and you are using according to guidelines).
Please see http://info.tiki.org/Tiki+Service+Provider to create your initial listing.
If you have any questions, please contact info at tiki.org
In addition to sending the direct email to existing consultants, we should issue a "call for consultants" news item, too.
These samples are currently implemented on info.tiki.org (requires admin-level login).
Find a consultant
- Anyone know how to better format the form (TRACKERFILTER)? I'd prefer to have all the radio buttons be a multi-select instead?
Tiki Service Providers can:
- Use the Tiki logo in their materials
- Include the text Tiki Service Provider
- Link to their specific profile page on tiki.org so visitor can check that consultant is in good standing
- Maybe send request to tikiwiki-artwork mailing list then to get professional logo look from our graphics designers ?
Suggestion for the future:
- Make a common request for quote tracker/form that people can fill out and it reaches all the consultants
- Consultants should identify themselves as:
Brainstorming about the name:
- Tiki consultant network (this conveys the collaboration idea)
- Tiki services network (to include all services, including hosting)
- Tiki Service Provider
- "Service" to included all services
- "Provider" to focus on the consultant not Tiki or the "network"
- Tiki Registered Service Provider (registered as officialy on tiki.org - the logo would contain only the tiki logo + 3 words each on its own line next to it as in the "tiki wiki cms groupware" logo)
- Tiki Service Provider Network or Tiki Service Provider Program?