Table of contents
Left to right at top (standing): Régis Barondeau, Morgan Tocker, Dexter Lei, Seb Paquet, Evan Prodromou, Alain Désilets, Yan Levasseur
front: Marc Laporte, Nelson Ko, Louis-Philippe Huberdeau (click picture to see notes)
Holding the EContent Top 100 plaque
On the table: 960 page (!) printed documentation
On screen: info.tikiwiki.org home page
- Monday January 21st 21:00 to late -> relaxing "chill" wiki evening at http://www.pubitalia.ca/ in Ottawa.
- Tuesday January 22nd 9:00 to 17:00 (local EST time) -> coding sprint
- Gatineau (near Ottawa), Canada and online
- Exact address: 17 des Mineurs, Gatineau, QC, 819-712-2813 (ask for Alain).
"Codefest" or "Tikifest" events generally have the following goals:
- To raise awareness amongst the broader coder community of selected projects/topics.
- To increase volunteer participation in these projects and train new coders.
- To network with users to discuss how to meet real user requirements.
- To actually code something during the event.
The only difference between a "Codefest" and a "Tikifest" is that the latter is more focused on wikis, while the first could be on more general web content management or Web 2.0.
For example, at the January 08 Codefest held in Montreal, the topics were "Microformats" and "Wiki Translation". For Microformats, a number of CMS added or enhanced support for it, and support for hCalendar was added to TikiWiki. For "Wiki Translation", we had a workshop to define user requirements and the overall plan of the project.
- Wiki translation (Alain, Louis-Philippe, Nelson, Dexter, Sébastien)
- Social networking / hospitality network functionality: Crash at mine / www.Nomadics.IT TikiWiki integration (Morgan, Nelson)
- Kei.ki migration (Evan + 3 online MAJ/Zach/ochoha)
- Getting started coding in TikiWiki (Eclipse, setting up dev environment), nelson, alain, evan, morgan, Yan, Sébastien
- TikiWiki configuration (ex.: how to active X) Marc, Yan, Regis, Evan
- Improve hcalendar support (Yan)
- Take a group picture with the EContent Top 100 plaque (everyone!)
Topics for future TikiFests
- Bibliography management (ex.: EndNote) for researchers (Marc, Régis, Yan, Sebastien)
- Adding support for a few more microformats (Yan, Marc)
- Plan for improving project management in TikiWiki (Régis, Marc)
- Managing XML in TikiWiki for re-use by external apps (Marc)
- 1.10 planning : (Nelson, Marc)
- Template integration (Marc, alain, yan, evan)
- Security script (Nelson, Marc)
- Improving the public face of TikiWiki (Régis, Marc)
Confirmed in Ottawa
- Marc Laporte,Montréal,
- Nelson Ko, Ottawa
- Alain Désilets
- Yan Levasseur
- Louis Philippe Huberdeau
- Régis Barondeau
- Dexter Lei
- Evan Prodromou
- Martial Bigras (only Monday evening pub)
- Sébastien Paquet
- Morgan Tocker
- Zach Copley
Absent but interested
- Stéphane Daury
- André Proulx
- Sébastien Lord-Jetté
- Robert Biddle
- Sunir Shah
- Bob Acton
- All TikiWiki community members within driving distance of Ottawa.
- If you are not yet using TikiWiki but curious/interested as to how it could be a good tool for you, this is a great opportunity to get lots of answers from a bunch of fun people
- List on calendars and invite all groups from Montreal & Quebec city (Marc)
- List on calendars and invite all groups from Ottawa (Nelson)
- List on calendars and invite all groups from Toronto (Mike P)
- Using Tiki Maps, identify all Tikiwiki.org users within 500 km of Montreal (Franck) and invite them (Marc)