I am a newbie to TikiWiki in two ways:
1. I decided that I wanted to switch from pmwiki to tikiwiki for two websites (one work, one personal). I have changed my personal website into a TikiWiki site. The basics are now up and running though I have many questions to resolve.
2. I am therefore new to TikiWiki as a user. I have to create content, link the content, etc... in creating the sites.
I find the website to lack a clear understanding of me as a user in either of the above ways. It is hard to find the information that I need. I have found better help from searching on google than using this site. Maybe this is because I haven't grasped the logic of this site, but if this is the case the questions why can't I grasp the order of this site?
But I find this site even more lacking as a reference for users who will come to my site and need reference materials. My options are to help you alter this site to satisfy this need or create this on my own separately. It seems that it would serve the greater good if this site could be altered to satisfy this need.
This site satisfies the need for the admin with the following:
- What is TikiWiki
- Why select Tiki? (Not 'use' as on left 'menu bar'.)
- Feature List
- Software Requirements
- Friendly Hosts
- Tiki First Steps
This site does not satisfy the needs of a Newbie user who has to deal with wiki after someone else has already chosen Tiki as the solution. Just gathering my thoughts here, but the needs of this user community are as follows:
- What is a Wiki?
- WikiSyntax/Sandbox (See my suggestion page WikiSyntaxHelp.)
- Wiki Etiquette
- Editing Customs (should I edit or comment?)
I am sure there would be more to add to this, but I think this latter set of users should be prominently served by the left 'menubar'. Even better would be that the 'menubar' would be clear who the customer of the information is so that a person feels well-served be the information provided.
Any comments welcome.