Branding involves market analysis, brand management and providing community tools for a coherent and efficient message.
Marketing, branding, promo strategy, and advocacy.
- Analytics -> Google Analytics and piwik.tiki.org
- Report on recommendations to improve SEO (robots.txt, Canonical), etc.
- Maintain branding.tiki.org
- Participate to Tiki website revamp
- Look into taking advantage of Google Webmaster Tools: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
- Develop elevator 30sec. sales pitches Mastering the 30-Second Pitch
- Help with Video Clips
- Revamp list of Use cases and user types
- This will be useful for the Configuration Profiles as well
- Improve presentation of features (our strength) on info (too many clicks now and not enough graphics)
Promote Tiki as a model and as a solution
- Maintain and promote some important pages for people evaluating Tiki:
- Some objective comparisons with popular alternatives Tiki vs Drupal, Tiki vs Joomla!, etc.
- What is similar
- What is different
- Maybe use the comparison widget from WikiMatrix:
- Evaluate Tiki with respect to the various Open source software assessment methodologies
- Monitor & react to market analysis such as
- http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/studies/survey2008.pdf & http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/mediawiki.xml
Sites using profiles deploy
- Should say "This site started using Tiki and has the following benefits"
- Should be kept in sync with Networks.
- Catch the Tiki revival wave
- Great marketing examples for something that has lots of features, like us
- http://cms-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html (list of features on the left)
- TikiFestMontrealNov2008 Marketing Group
- Download marketing report about Tiki