Communications Team is responsible primarily for our external message (press releases, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Increase Tiki visibility
- Increase number of Tiki installs
- Attract talent & energy to Tiki (Developers, designers, etc.)
- Publish news on info.tiki.org, SourceForge, Freshmeat, etc.
- Update info on all Listings
- Inform demo sites. (OpenSourceCMS.com, etc)
- Promote on all relevant Social networking sites. (Facebook, etc.)
- Promote on all Wiki and CMS-related resources (ex.: CMScritic.com)
- Rick Sapir
- Torsten Fabricius
- Jan Bambach
To join the team or simply to volunteer to help, please contact one of the existing members. Remember though - you can help out in communications even if not officially part of the team - thanks in advance!
- http://info.tiki.org/tiki-list_banners.php are out of date and need a clean-up
- 2010-09 Marc Laporte Interview CMS Critic
Fix this by opening and using a different Kaltura account
Get approval on this one or delete it by december 2010 if not getting an OK to either edit more or leave as is and send it to Youtube. Here is the countdown: december 31st, 2010. After which this video clip will be deleted
- Major overhaul to Wikipedia entry
See Tiki Wikipedia Entry for work in progress (and to help!).
get listed on http://www.aiimcommunities.org/e20/buyers-guide/product-index(the page does not seem to exist anymore on that site)
- investigate http://www.cmsmyth.com/
- Get listed on hotscripts.com
- https://tiki.org (the “info” perspective), in collaboration with Consulting Ecosystem and Branding
- tv.tiki.org in coordination with Community Building.
- monthly newsletter (Jan to draft for approval of rest of team - draft will be a wiki page, 2nd week of the month, will be sent out using Constant Contact newsletter software as (1) it has precautions to prevent our domain to be flagged as being a spammer, (2) it has tracking and stats features missing in Tiki Newsletter feature.)
- blogging (Jan to blog twice a month, how-tos/event reviews/new features and releases, will draft content or work with rest of team to generate content)
- social media (Jan to help admin Facebook/LinkedIn, and participate in Twitter)
- refer to blog, live updates, call to action on a regular basis
- approving new users (Facebook/LinkedIn) in the group member applications
- Add additional outlets to Press Releases newsletter.
- Edit, review, update the pending news releases.
See Upcoming News for pending news releases.
A little aside: http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/06/meetyourfriends/ - entertaining post about what should be avoided in press releases.
These resources are notified of Tiki news via the Press Releases newsletter:
- CMS Critic
pr at cmswire.com
info at cmswatch.com
articlesubmissions at ientry.com
info at cmsmatrix.org
- http://www.econtentmag.com/ (InformationToday.com)
michelle.manafy at infotoday.com
info at opensource-news.com
info at gilbane.com
articlesubmissions at ientry.com
- http://cms-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html (Top Ten Reviews)
pr at toptenreviews.com
info at hartman-communicatie.nl
- http://www.h-online.com/ (The H)
editors at h-online.com
These resources require manual notification of Tiki news (they use a unique web form instead of email):
- CMS Match
- CMS Report
- CMS Design Resource
- CMS Magazine
- CMS Matrix
- CMS Info
For each release, be sure to update the following items:
Requires developer login. Contact Rick or Marc for details.
‘’also update any other pages mentioning TW and specific version number: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/TikiWiki
- Wikipedia pages related to CMS, Wiki .... and Tiki.
- CMSMatrix page for Tiki
- WikiMatrix page for Tiki
- ForumMatrix page for Tiki
- Youtube: Make a Tiki or TikiWiki profile or Channel on http://www.youtube.com/ and add all relevant videos to a playlist. Current search for TikiWiki gives all kinds of non-relevant content. (Régis 2012-10-10)
- Make sure hosts are listing Tiki in their supported apps: MediaTemple, Bluehost, Site5etc
- Make sure installers like Fantastico are using latest stable version. Please see: 1-click installers
- Periodically check all Demo sites to make sure they are working and up to the latest version.
- Develop a Viral Tiki strategy
More ideas (from Rick)
- We need more Twitter streams. I would like to re-suggest that we convert the RSS feeds from each forum into Tweets for its own account (tikiwiki_features, tikiwiki_i18n, tikiwiki_svn, etc.). The constant stream of tweets into the Twitterverse will help make Tiki appear more “alive.”
Current “official” TW Tweet streams include:
Update the two.o registration tracker to include links to all the TW-related signups (Ohloh.net, FB, etc.).
- We should mirror the tw.o forms with the SourceForge mailing lists (this will help to raise the SF activity rating, too). We could mirror them one way (push all forum posts -> SF mailing list), which is very easy, and simply update the footer of each SF message to include a note that responses should be posted to tw.o forums.
- Mirror the dev mailing list (and the others, too, but they’re very low traffic) to the tw.o forum. There’s LOTS of good information there that end-users could benefit from. We could make the forum read-only, with no impact to the existing dev list.
- Keep an eye on CatOrphans and Orphan pages
- http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-marketing and Drupal Marketing resources
See also: Static Code Analysis