Table of contents
Volunteering Facilitator: Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist
Time of the meeting is 15:00utc => check your time
See Webinars for a detailed description.
Please aim for 15mn for each topic else it should be moved to the second hour or another meeting
- TikiFestFosdem2017 summary
- Release process, what’s next (Tiki17)
- Schedule, task force
- Quick review and lightning brainstorm to organize the duplicate/removal/migration discussion/debate and process about https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki17#Experimental_Unavailable_Duplicate_check (not talking about the features or the options, just the decisional process)
- Quick format text commit guideline (dev)
Intention here not to solve the example given to illustrate below but to decide how we handle this
This is for the strings in the code, not the content entered by a user (Typography new Tiki feature ?)
- Wiki page in dev, short guideline (couldn’t find it) with samples as reference.
- Tool tip punctuation
Same page, same feature, 3 ways
- Choose the right special characters
Do we use & or & - R30; or … or …
Ref : http://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_punctuation.asp, http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2026/index.htm, http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm
- Punctuation should be inside strings (translation discussion 2016)
- Add more use case
- Semi-auto merge period guidelines quick review
(include “The community will handle merges from stable to dev, with help from a merging script during Semi-automatic merging period” at Where to commit)
Some questions and post in the dev list raised about this. Do we need to clarify anything more there ?
- I wonder if we shouldn’t be more specific about “who (must) do the merge”. Are there period were we rely on “the community” and other period were each commit should include a merge ?
- There are several (a lot ?) pages related to merge, merging and they need update and maintenance: https://dev.tiki.org/merge, https://dev.tiki.org/Merge+a+commit+from+trunk, https://dev.tiki.org/Merge+a+commit+between+branches
- The auto toc (table of content position) on a page.
- Add your…
- Updating critical information and checking sysadmin list and task : https://tiki.org/Domains
Including what we do with domains that no one want to care for.
- How (sort order, sections, splitting) should prefs and options should be presented.
User experience tiki-admin.php?page=features or tiki-admin.php?page=wiki has a bad impression on the way Tiki has been build.
In general, there is no common logic or consideration for the new comers.
- It doesn’t go from easy to hard
- Doesn’t go from standard to advanced
- Doesn’t go from A to Z
- A to Z only is not a solution
- Multilingual (things changing place)
- (I wished several time we can have a default admin language pref) Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist
Second pref is : “Wiki URL Scheme” (I’m sure that this is very important, but I have doubt it one of the first thing you check when creating your Tiki)
Second section is Plugin (hu ?)
Finally Page Display is third and inside a common setting like “Hide title per wiki page” is last
Editing come is the sixth section and “Wiki content templates” is the first pref in the section.
- Deprecated, removal, transition, the discussion (if time left)
Background : https://tiki.org/Roundtable+Meeting+2017+02
- Could we have a transition process for deprecated ?
- Deprecate Versions Plugin in favor of PluginTabs or not? => Can’t we merge
IE Image Fix
- Wiki Lingo feature as it look like being abandoned project => To be removed
- FAQs => TBD
- Image Gallery => To be removed (auto migration script)
- HTML pages => Endangered
- HTML Feed => Endangered
- FutureLink-Protocol => TBD
- Reports => TBD
- Group Alert vs Group Watches (Do we need both of (almost) the same ?) => TBD (merge)
Next Meeting: Roundtable Meeting 2017 03
2 pages link to Roundtable Meeting 2017 02