- For visitors, you may need a visa and/or an ETA
- How much
- Main Topics
This is an opportunity, usually, to drink adult beverages, get some laptops out and code wildly in group sessions and/or discuss about wiki technology and culture, etc. depending the mood and context. It is a great opportunity for Tiki users and Tiki power users to meet some of the developers and learn more stuff.
The majority of the most active contributors to Tiki will be present, with devs from many countries.
It is part of a larger event: WikiSuite Unconference 1
Friday September 7th to Wednesday September 19th 2018 (12 days).
If you come for a shorter period (ex.: driving from the US), come towards the end, which will be the peak of everyone there. If you are traveling from far (ex.: Israel, Germany or Japan), you should come for two weeks and make that long flight worth it!
|Jonny Bradley||YUL 6 Sep 14:10||YUL 19 Sep 19:20|
|Jean-Marc Libs||YUL 6 Sep 17:50||YUL 21 Sep 22:15|
|Roberto Kirschbaum||YUL 6 Sep 18:14||YUL 19 Sep 20:00|
|lindon||YUL 16 Sep 12:31||YUL 20 Sep 13:06|
|luciash d' being||YUL 6 Sep 17:14||YUL 19 Sep 16:50|
|drsassafras||6 Sep||19 Sep||arrival time TBA|
|Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist||YUL 6 Sep 15:55||YUL 19 Sep 15:45|
|Gary Cunningham-Lee||YUL Sep 6 16:30||YUL Sep 20 13:55|
|Rick Sapir / Tiki for Smarties||YUL Sep 13 21:58||YUL Sep 16 18:00|
|Victor Emanouilov||YUL Sep 11 18:40||YUL Sep 19 19:15|
|Mike Finko||YUL Sep 11 20:20||YUL Sep 20 19:40|
The process has changed recently. So you may need a visa and/or an ETA:
If you need any help to get a visa, contact Marc Laporte
It is free to attend this event. You can make a Donation though
Montréal, Québec, Canada
The event will mostly be in one place in Montréal. We are waiting to confirm the attendance numbers, and then, we will confirm exact location.
If you are from out of town and are planning to do some touristy things in Montreal, here is some info.
Montreal is a very fun and safe city with a vibrant nightlife and an excellent cultural scene. There will be plenty of folks there to help you find something fun to do.
Not sure how accurate this is but it gives some idea of what to expect: Montreal weather long-range forecast.
The plan is here: https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki19#Release_plan
- We have some shared email addresses that redirect to several people.
- Modernize https://dev.tiki.org/Make-a-wish
- Collectively focus on voting on all recently added/edited issues.
- Isabelle Montminy makes fantastic designs for some Tiki-powered projects. But in some cases, it leads to significant changes from the Tiki default. And thus, it's more work. How about we change the defaults in Tiki? Let's discuss.
- So we can start thinking about this, if it's not too much trouble, can we have some examples of defaults or general problem areas that may need changing?
- Wiki actions: Some are buttons, some are in the Action drop list, some are within the More button
- Forum design: Especially the inability to include a forum (not simply a list) within a wiki page.
- So we can start thinking about this, if it's not too much trouble, can we have some examples of defaults or general problem areas that may need changing? Gary Cunningham-Lee
- Dates: September 14th and 15th (when Rick is here)
- Essential participants: Isabelle, Rick, Benoit Roy, Gary, luci
- If possible: Bernard, Michael
Discuss and decide if we do 6-6-6 or 8-8-8 or something else
19: 2018 October
20: 2019 June
21: 2020 February
22: 2020 October
23: 2021 June
24: 2022 February
19: 2018 October
20: 2019 April
21: 2019 October
23: 2020 April
24: 2020 October
An anonymous donor has sponsor dinner and drinks for the group. He is very thankful of all the hard work by the community and impressed by Tiki. Date to be confirmed.