Table of contents
- TikiFest Madrid banner/logo in high resolution (EPS)
- Offline Videos
- Sunday Night Tapas&Beer Tour
- Related links
You can participate virtually via http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tikifests .
Better late than never?
A few more low quality photos from Jonny’s phone can be found here
amette : “ROFL - I remember wanting to choose some variable name, that most possibly will never collide with anything else. Well, apparantly I chose wisely: Google for myFooVarForIncludeFiles”
Several moments from the first two days were recorded by Xavi in a video camcorder. The most meaningful parts will be uploaded probably to vimeo.com in the following days, before the next TikiFestMontreal.
List of video files in process of edition (directly included from TikiFestMadrid_videos):
This page is for coordination between Matthew and Xavi, both of which have a copy of the video files from TikiFestMadrid.
Video files with maybe useful information to be extracted and uploaded to video websites like vimeo
Where to place that video
|m2v00106.mpg||First discussion about Workspaces with original developer jreyes||00:00’||00:59’||TikiFestMadrid||Done Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1804144/|
|m2v00107.mpg||Profiles||0’||10:50’||TikiFestMadrid||Done. See below or at http://www.vimeo.com/3319966|
|m2v00107.mpg||New Helper||10:50’||11:44’||doc:TikiWiki 3||Done Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1804184/|
|m2v00107.mpg||Plugin Aliases||13:18’||16:24’||doc:TikiWiki 3 & doc:Plugin Aliases||Done Xavi|
|m2v00108.mpg||Plugin Alias Example: Plugin Schedule||0:06’||2:50’||doc:Plugin Aliases||Done Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1804174/|
|m2v00108.mpg||New Helper||3:10’||4:00’||doc:TikiWiki 3 ?||Done Xavi|
|m2v00112.mpg||Naughty Smiley Interferences at the Streaming Channel||1:50’||2:37’||TikiTV|
|m2v00115.mpg||Workspaces, Roles, Perspectives||17:12’||50:00’ (end)||dev:Workspaces||Done Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1819282 . Joined with the next bit below|
|m2v00116.mpg||Workspaces, Roles, Perspectives||0:00’||5:22’||dev:Workspaces||Done Xavi. Joined with the previous file above.|
|m2v00125.mpg||GroupMail||0:00’||50:00’||dev:GroupMail||Done, Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1820613/ (Joined with the next bit below)|
|m2v00126.mpg||GroupMail||0:00’||04:56’||dev:GroupMail||Done, Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1820613/ (joined with the previous file above)|
|m2v00133.mpg||JQuery||0:00’||33:59’||dev:JQuery ?||Done Xavi. http://blip.tv/file/1804195/|
This event is preceded by TikiFestBrussels
Dates are official: February 15-16-17
This event is followed by RecentChangesCamp 2009 (RCC) Feb 20-21 in Portland, USA
Location: Acalá de Henares (Spain) - Google Maps
- By air: Airport Web Page.Take the underground to Nuevos Ministerios. Take a train from there direct to Alcalá de Henares.
- By train: Direct trains from Atocha and Nuevos Ministerios.
- Sunday (15th) : we can meet at Hostal Bari and work/have fun there. Right?.
- For the 16th and 17th : we meet at the Polytechnic School of the University of Alcalá (better rooms, better internet connection, coffee machines, university atmosphere).We will explain you how to get there from the hostel (30 minutes). Instructions for those who (maybe) will wake up later are in the following map.
In Alcalá de Henares
It’s very near train station (5 minutes), and near the historic centre as well. It’s just in front of the bus stop you need to take to come to he Polytechnic School.
Cánovas del Castillo, 28807 Alcala de Henares, Madrid (Google map)
- 49 € per night on double room.
- They have available rooms for the nights of 15th, 16th and 17th of February.
- Free Wifi in rooms and in common areas.
- You can book online here.
Vía Complutense, 112. 28805 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid. Phone: +34 91 888 14 50. (Google map)
44 min far from polythecninc school on foot; 8 min. drive, according to google maps.
- Web page
- less than 30 euro/per night on double or triple rooms (same price if full with 2 or 3 people, respectively).
- Single room: 41€ +VAT
- Double room: 50€ +VAT
- Triple room: 75€ +VAT
- They have available rooms for the nights of 15h, 16h of February.
- Free Wifi connection in rooms, and also in common coffee room (big enough, for 30 people).
- Free parquing included for clients
- Food: menu 12.90 euro (mid day or night)
|Louis-Philippe||Canada||Arriving the 13th, leaving the 19th, staying in Alcalá de Henares at Hostal Bari (confirmed)|
|Matthew Bickerton (MatWho)||London||Arriving afternoon on the 14th, leaving on 18th, staying in Alcalá de Henares at Hostal Bari (confirmed)|
|jonny B||London||Arriving afternoon on the 14th, leaving on 18th, staying in Alcalá de Henares at Hostal Bari (tiki willing) (confirmed)|
|Marc||Canada||Arriving the 14th at 16h10 at Madrid’s airport - Terminal 2, leaving on 18th. Staying at Hostal Bari. (confirmed)|
|Axold||Madrid||Attending from Saturday afternoon (14th). We can (Ben and I) act as guide in Alcalá de Henares for those who come the saturday (like Marc, Jonny B, Matthew or Louis-Philippe).|
|Ben||Madrid||Attending from Saturday afternoon (14th)|
|rlopez||Madrid||Attending from Sunday morning (15th)|
|Xavi||Barcelona||15th & 16th (I’ll depart 17th early morning). Arriving Madrid (Atocha) train station Sunday 15th at 9:57h, and around 11h to Alcala de Henares. Booked at Hostal Bari. Confirmed. I don’t mind sharing on double or triple room.|
|Youcef||France||Arriving on Saturday 14th in the afternoon (9:00 pm at the Hostal Bari). Attending Tikifest from 15th to 17th. Participation on “Workspaces” and translations issues.|
Anybody willing to help from far away, write your name here...
If anybody wants to follow what is going on in the meeting I suggest to use Twitter. I create an account named tikimad
- The main issue will go to work with the Tiki Spain team on Workspaces
- Review the last release of AulaWiki for the Tiki 1.10, because it suffers from performance issues (already patched by Aldo, we guess).
- Fixing AulaWiki mod to work on Tiki 2.x and 3.x as a starting point. Mmod version 1.6.2 is working. See ToDo.
- Produce a simple video tutorial to show how to work with workspaces on Tiki
- Discuss/initiate a European User Group
- Matthew and Jonny want to tell everyone about their ideas for GroupMail and looking forward to input from everyone else!
- Further improvements for translators to prioritize the work. A sort of Dashboard with the most important pages (visits, editorial choices, etc) and a visual representation of up-to-date-ness.
- Youcef will present the main idea of transforming TikiWiki into usefull translation environment. Based on his experience in this field, he will introduce to us the recent progress of the Wiki-based and crowdsourcing translation.
Group ALMA - University of Alcalá
It doesn’t need any explanation. Sunday 15th from 8PM.