Loading...
 
Architecture / Installation

Architecture / Installation


Problems with both 2.0 fresh install and upgrade from 1.9.7 to 1.9.11

posts: 9

I have been trying to track down the problems I am having moving over tikiwiki to a new host. I had v2.0 installed successfully on one host and decided to move hosts. I have not tried to migrate this same tikiwiki though, just trying to install a new working tikiwiki on the new host.

The new host supports v1.9.7 as an installable application from their control panel and that certainly works fine. If I try and use the upgrade instructions from the documentation, I get problems after the database script is run with a message indicating there is a configuration error pointing to incorrect directory paths (as discussed in other posts). This has me stumped though because the previous version worked fine. I also made changes to the preferences table as suggested by someone but this did not fix the problem either.

I can't install a clean 2.0 install as I get the blank screen problem after the database scripts are run. I can't find anything wrong though in the configuration according to the documentation - i.e., directory permissions are set up correctly and PHP.ini seems to be fine. I'm sure it has to be something to do with the configuration of the hosting providers system (I'm using Daily Razor) but I can't get them to fix it if I can't nail it down myself. Any debugging type tips that would help me isolate the problem would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

posts: 289 United States
Can't you install a clean 1.9.11 instead of upgrading?
posts: 9
No, I have the same issue (blank screen after DB build) trying to install 1.9.11. Only 1.9.7 works on the new hosting provider. It's very annoying. I'd love to be able to use a newer version (preferably 2.0) but I can't track down the issue. I have tried inserting the code to display PHP errors as suggested by one post as well but that doesn't seem to provide any debug output at all (i.e., there's no change to the output being delivered to the browser)
posts: 9

Looks like I have solved the problem. Another thread talks about an issue with IIS implementations where you have to change a line in the tikisetup.class.php file to $docroot = getcwd();

I can now successfully upgrade all versions (though I now have a bunch of other issues with 2.1 that other people apparently are also experiencing)....but that's for another thread :-)