Loading...
 
Features / Usability

Features / Usability


View PDF inline

posts: 3 India

I am trying to display a PDF in a wiki inline using the media player plugin. When I specify

{mediaplayer fullscreen="true" src="display34" type="pdf"}


The page displays an error that PDF.js

"PDF.js feature is disabled. If you do not have permission to enable, ask the site administrator."

I have been trying for a while now but I just can't find that feature to enable. Can someone please guide me how to do it?

I have a new install of version 24.0

posts: 3656 United States
Shafeeq Hamza wrote:
I have been trying for a while now but I just can't find that feature to enable. Can someone please guide me how to do it?



Look on the Enhancements tab of the File Gallery control panel. See the docs for details. Be sure to review the https://doc.tiki.org/PDF.js-viewer page for additional details.

Remember, you can always use the configuration search to find any Tiki option on any control panel.

HTH,

- Rick | My Tiki Blog | My Tiki UserPage

Why be a dummy? Get smarty! TikiForSmarties.com
Tiki for Smarties, your source for the best (and only) Tiki books, guides, and tutorials.
posts: 3 India

Thank you! That's solved my problem.

I did try searching, even rebuilt the search index; but could not find "pdf.js"...

Rick Sapir / Tiki for Smarties wrote:

Look on the Enhancements tab of the File Gallery control panel. See the docs for details. Be sure to review the https://doc.tiki.org/PDF.js-viewer page for additional details.

Remember, you can always use the configuration search to find any Tiki option on any control panel.

HTH,

- Rick | My Tiki Blog | My Tiki UserPage

Why be a dummy? Get smarty! TikiForSmarties.com
Tiki for Smarties, your source for the best (and only) Tiki books, guides, and tutorials.
posts: 126825 United Kingdom
Shafeeq Hamza wrote:
I did try searching, even rebuilt the search index; but could not find "pdf.js"...

Hi Shafeeq Hamza
Glad you worked it out, the issue with not being able to find "pdf.js" in the prefs search is due to mysql having a minimal search term length of four characters. We have a similar issue i think with H5P as reported by luciash d' being 🧙 (it works fine with elasticsearch, but that's not much help i know!)

Not sure how to fix it (you can change the mysql ft_min_word_len in the my.conf file, but only if you have root access, i suppose we could add keywords like pdfdotjs but would anyone think of searching for that?

Any better ideas any one?

posts: 3 India
Jonny Bradley wrote:

Not sure how to fix it (you can change the mysql ft_min_word_len in the my.conf file, but only if you have root access, i suppose we could add keywords like pdfdotjs but would anyone think of searching for that?

Any better ideas any one?


One of the non-elegant solutions suggested on another forum is to pre-test the keyword length and either construct a 'like' based search for text shorter than 4 characters; otherwise go with the full-text 'match'...