The Configuration Profiles Team is responsible to produce a great first impression and useful out-of-the box solutions for site admins. Maintaining profiles for use cases, a coherent admin panel, and sensible defaults.
- Determine which profiles are "Featured" and make them excellent
- Make sure admin panels are intuitive and appealing for site admins. For end users and content creators, see UX and Themes Team.
- Go through the steps of a new end-user installing Tiki, and note and correct any unclear user interface.
- Rename MySQL Full Text Search to "classic" instead of "legacy"
- Make MySQL Full Text Search the default in 9.x LTS to avoid situations like this: http://tiki.org/forumthread45711
- Started at http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/45122 but there is an issue
- InnoDB vs MyISAM
- What should be the search in the featured profiles? feature_search_fulltext or feature_search ?
Turn off by default because it has issues that won't be resolved in 9.x : http://dev.tiki.org/Web-based+source+code+editor#Bugsdone
- But now, it's not available to PluginCode when users specifically ask for code highlighting...
- Have a profile for each of the Use cases
- Revamp the admin panel
- Things are too scattered
- Maintain profiles.tiki.org
- Review, evaluate and categorize all profiles
- Handle Default Preferences to be changed
- Review Simpler config on Fresh install
- When a feature is known to be buggy and won't be fixed in a version, tag it as experimental so as to avoid headaches for other users
- Run Preferences report and make sure descriptions are clear for the average user.
- Try to keep configuration profiles in step with web best practices and most common use cases.
When we work on branding, and surely look at SEO, let's use all these backlinks to promote taglines. Ex.:
- One of the best wikis
- With the all in-one-model, avoid plugin problems that other web apps have.