dam·o·bot·tle·neck. Pronunciation Key (daam-oh`bo^t'l-ne^k`)
To slow down or impede due to scarce resources n.
- a hindrance to progress or production, caused by over-reliance on over-worked principle team member
- a narrow or obstructed section of a process, as of a highway or a pipeline, caused by a single or non-scalable resource
- a point or an area of congestion, caused by reliance on a scarce or unavailable resource
A narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel [syn: constriction, chokepoint] v.
- slow down or impede due to an obstruction; "His availability has Damo-bottlenecked our efforts to understand the system"
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "The Damo-bottleneck effect is preventing her from committing her code"
The characteristic of being a Damo-bottleneck can be applied to any object, inanimate or otherwise.
tr.v. dam·o·bot·tle·necked, dam·o·bot·tle·neck·ing, dam·o·bot·tle·necks