Think in terms of Image Galleries as a starting point. An Audio Gallery, for example, is just a collection of audio files. Like the Image Galleries, these Audio Galleries and Video Galleries should provide a table view as well as “slideshow”-style controls.
Then add the following capabilities:
- User’s option to play via streaming or to download/on-demand.
- Online Sequence Control - Custom and “Session” Playlists (sorting and re-ordering of order in which files play.) So an editor/user can string together a bunch of sound (i.e. speech) “bytes” or songs, and can also access each sound byte or song individually. Same with video clips.
- Online Sequence Editing - An online interface (java?) giving the editor/user the ability to add cue points to the files in the gallery, and then use the cue points to create custom sequences. (So editor/user can create and edit these sequences all online, WITHOUT the need to download/edit on their local computer and then re-upload the files.) These should be realistic functions to implement into Tikiwiki, WHEREAS more advanced editing, such as waveform and video editing, effects, etc., can still be done by downloading/editing/re-uploading using media editing applications on the users local computer. For our purposes we only need online access to cue points and sequence control.
- Option to autoplay on page open (per file, or per page/slide)?
- Auto-creation of file “preview” using cue point (length selectable by user/editor, i.e. 3-30 seconds?)
- Where are we?
This feature is under development. Damian started on it (a.k.a “DamoJuke”.) We could use some help to get it done. Some code is still pending.
Also see Norbert’s AudioBlog development.
- Where do we want to be?
With the addition of Audio and Video Galleries, admins/editors/users will be able to create and publish full multimedia presentations of all kinds including albums, talking books, lessons and tutorials, etc.
http://vextron.mirrors.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1486.html - Library Im using the ID3 extraction on the import and upload process.
http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml - ShoutCast server used for the optional MP3 streaming.
MP3 Magic for editing MP3 files — this local app has the right, simple features we need to incorporate in our ONLINE (web-based) MP3/WAV SEQUENCE EDITOR.
Here I would like to see some “editorial” content. How do our features compare to others?
DamoJuke doesnt store the album graphics and album review but is this important?
colorado thinks graphics, reviews, music videos, lyric sheets and all other types of media can be packaged together with audio files to create all sorts of multimedia “presentations” (a new object type=TikiPresentations? And/or just include all of the objects for a specific presentation within a certain category, group, or in an article, blog, or wiki page.)
Where ideas can be exchanged, debated, etc. Interested people can subscribe to the wiki page and/or to these forums as they would a mailing list.
))DamoJuke(( currently uses these tables:
- `ID` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
- `name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default ‘’,
- `trackid` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
- `createdate` datetime NOT NULL default ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’,
- `playdate` datetime NOT NULL default ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’,
- `locked` char(1) NOT NULL default ‘’,
- `ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
- `artist` varchar(100) default NULL,
- `song` varchar(100) default NULL,
- `filename` varchar(255) default NULL,
- `Qty` int(11) default NULL,
- `Info` text,
- `album` varchar(100) default NULL,
- `category` varchar(100) default NULL,
- `insertdate` date default NULL,
- `playdate` date default NULL,
- `Clean` char(1) NOT NULL default ‘Y’,
- `trackofday` date default NULL,
- `TrackDayQty` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’
Im also thinking for integration into Tiki a snippet table where you can have a 15 second soundbyte stored in the database
- trackid -> link to tracks
I’m thinking it would be a very nice touch if Jukebox provided the tools and/or documentation necessary to pipe its audio output to:
- A telephone PBX background music system for people waiting on hold or navigating through a voice menu. See e.g., Asterisk.org music on hold and music on transfer features.
- An office/building/airport public announcement system for background music.
Just another idea:
- If somehow we could link (or have as an option) the player to the wiki, we could have each wiki page store its own player and its own gallery. This would be very useful for allowing audioplayers on personal pages and a multitude of functions.
- Would it be possible to include a voice recorder at some point. Store the audio in a directory or have it inserted into the file gallery. Maybe as an attachment to customize per wiki page?