The Profiles Team is responsible to produce a great first impression and useful out-of-the box solutions for site admins. Maintaining profiles for use cases, a coherent admin panel, and sensible defaults. The coordinator is Greg Wheat.
- Determine which profiles are "Featured" and make them excellent
- Make sure admin panels are intuitive and appealing for site admins. For end users and content creators, see UX Team.
- Pretend you are a end-user and install Tiki and address any unclear user interface.
- Two of the featured 10.x profiles are not working
- Rename MySQL Full Text Search to "classic" instead of "legacy"
- Make MySQL Full Text Search the default in 9.x LTS to avoid situations like this: http://tiki.org/forumthread45711
- Started at http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/45122 but there is an issue
- InnoDB vs MyISAM
- What should be the search in the featured profiles? feature_search_fulltext or feature_search ?
Turn off by default because it has issues that won't be resolved in 9.x : http://dev.tiki.org/Web-based+source+code+editor#Bugsdone
- Jison Parser
- Make it only available to developers for now, at least in 9.x and 10.x because it can severely break things and people don't know why and it causes support request and false bug reports.
- Have a profile for each of the Use cases
- Maintain profiles.tiki.org
- Review, evaluate and categorize all profiles
- Handle Default Preferences to be changed
- Review Simpler config on Fresh install
- When a feature is known to be buggy and won't be fixed in a version, tag it as experimental so as to avoid headaches for other users
- Run Preferences report and make sure descriptions are clear for the average user.
SEO & Profiles
When we work on branding, and surely look at SEO, let's use all these backlinks to promote taglines. Ex.:
- One of the best wikis
- With the all in-one-model, avoid plugin problems that other web apps have.
How to restrict the list of categories shown in Profiles Admin Panel?[+]