Tiki 1.7.4 was released 2003-10-27, see our download section at SourceForge to get it
New development over future changes on the 1.7 tree, access to latest cvs snapshots and new releases announcements will be covered in ToDelete(BugFix174).
The branch release_eta_carinea_rc1 (so badly named ) is still the CVS branch for 1.7.x. Note that the 1.7.x branch is strictly for bugfixes. All new features and changes must be committed to CVS HEAD and not the release_eta_carinea_rc1 branch. Fixes committed to the 1.7.x branch will be merged into HEAD if not there yet.
When fixing bugs, fix the bug on release_eta_carinea_rc1 then, if you run a local copy of CVS HEAD too, it's prefered when you make the related code change (bugfix) for HEAD as well and you can add "NO MERGE NEEDED" note to your log. Otherwise just merge with HEAD. Follow the instructions at the bottom of TikiCVSTags to merge.
Developers, please update this page whenever you resolve a bug in this branch. If you need help with CVS, read Cvs17.
If you are not a developer but would like to help test the latest 1.7.x code, download the following archive, updated every hour from CVS:
http://tikiwiki.org/lastiki17.tar.bz2 (extracted root dir will be release_eta_carinea_rc1/ )
The person in charge of this release is mose.
- one sometimes (rarely) sees modules and module links that belong to another user viewing the site at the same moment
- changes to modules and admin settings sometimes require a page reload to appear
- left/center column sometimes takes up width of the screen: it occurs randomly
- the quiz feature may exhibit strange behaviour
- the chatroom sometimes causes browser to continue to refresh even after leaving
- the site search function may give errors with Chinese or other Asian characters - fixed? (unconfirmed, who fixed this?)
- the "Go Back" link on error pages sometimes fails in IE (after a POST or GET to same file)
- various theme problems with different browsers
- installer does not take into account PHP safe_mode <-- can this be done? ini_get() doesn't seem to get the safe_mode value
- Tiki running in Windows (and specifically IIS?) generate links that have an erroneous "/" before the URL parameter: ex. tiki-browse_image.php/?imageId=2
- comment hash is title+content, making it impossible to post 2 comments with the same title and content, an uncommon but certainly possible and legitimate situation (which happened to me, luci ;))
- numerous IIS problems; should make use of these workarounds: IisWorkarounds
- various occurrences of "page 1/0" (harmless)
- Plugin SF failed. One or more of the following parameters are missing: groupid, trackerid or itemid.
- Please see Source Forge for more possible bugs
- FIX: some fixes in french translation (UserPageSylvieg)
- FIX: fixed the inhibition of tracking when minor checkbox is used
- MOD: added an entry in wiki-help for ~pp~
- FIX: fixed many xhtml conformance details
- FIX: fixed description field in filegalleries
- MOD: refactoring of the split plugin
- FIX: fixed cookie setting that caused so much problems in 1.7.3 authentication
- FIX: fixed xss (cross site scripting) vulnerability in error page
- FIX: added security check of perms for categories, ephemerides, surveys and charts
- FIX: Plugin SF failed. One or more of the following parameters are missing: groupid, trackerid or itemid.