We had a very nice meeting yesterday even if most of us look like freezing.
Among our 1h30 discussion:
- Tiki17 is a stabilisation version without very important work to go but more fixes, tuning, improvement and transition.
This is one version prior Tiki18 (our next LTS) and not having very big works on hold for it it should be ideal.
Branching is a couple of weeks from now.
- It was decided to create a Commit Guideline page.(following devlist discussions)
I started it with a few things we all agreed on, please help and feel free to improve (wording, correction, adding links, adding sections): https://dev.tiki.org/Commit+Guidelines
- We agreed that during the Semi-automatic merging period committers should also proceed to the merge.
Luciash volunteered (thanks!) to add some explanations (including a "how to" for Windows users) and to merge different pages we have for the same topic.
- We will organize a special session with Admins, SysAdmin and Gardener to cleanup issue related to https://tiki.org/Domains
We will also remove used Domains (like tv.tiki.org) after checking all the content is safe and useable on other pages.
- Discussed options to improve Admin interface (following devlist discussions).
As it is a sensitive issues we agreed it should be done with little changes and small steps and I volunteered to improve "Features" and "Wiki" admin page.
We agreed that it should be done before branching so we'll still have a version (Tiki17) to check and modify before our next LTS.
- We had a very interesting discussion about Deprecated, removal, transition for endangered feature:https://dev.tiki.org/Endangered+features <https://dev.tiki.org/Endangered+features>
Jonny updated us about Image Gallery transition to Files Gallery, a process that should be done automatically with Tiki-install (first version for Tiki17 and polished for tiki18) - (huge thanks on this one!)
We agreed that broken/abandoned feature or option (when enable they broke Tiki) should be removed without much debate or discussion: wiki lingo, (PluginSourceForge?)
We agreed some other should be debated first on the devlist and that now is a good time (one version before our LTS to make our moves)
I will keep the ball rolling with more in the devlist but all should have a look at : https://dev.tiki.org/Endangered+features <https://dev.tiki.org/Endangered+features>
Can someone help with the session recording and chat log to be linked on https://tiki.org/Roundtable+Meeting+2017+02 ? (thanks)
Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <https://bsfez.com/>