Loading...
 
Features / Usability

Features / Usability


LIST only finds 133 of 792 items in the Tracker and filter on a field filled from dropdown list results in 0 results.

posts: 2695 United States

Need a Tiki expert to explain this please!
I have 2 problems occurring with a tracker I created...
1) LIST only shows 133 of the currently 792 Items in the tracker.
I do believe I might have added a field or adjusted them someway after inputting 133 items.
2)When I filter on a field filled with a dropdown list, nothing is found.

Do I need to

  • reindex the tracker? (Not sure how to do that...)
  • export this tracker and import it into a new one?
    • Tried that, hmm that one is even more screwed up than this one! haha Evidently I don't know how to do that...

??? ??? ???

Here's the main page showing all my attempts at coding...
http://jabi.com/Webmaster+Glossary

{LIST()}
    {filter field="tracker_id" content="10"} )
{OUTPUT(template="table")}
    {column field="term" label="Term" mode="raw"}}
    {column field="definition" label="Definition" mode="raw"}
    {column field="glossary" label="Glossary" mode="raw"}
    {column field="acronym" label="Acronym" mode="raw"}
    {column field="page" label="Wiki Page" mode="raw"}
{tablesorter server="n" sortable="type:reset" tsortcolumns="type:text|type:text|type:text|type:text|type:text"  tspaginate="max:10"} 
{OUTPUT}
 {FORMAT(name="term")}{display name="tracker_field_term"}{FORMAT}
 {FORMAT(name="definition")}{display name="tracker_field_definition" format=snippet length=500 suffix=...}{FORMAT}
 {FORMAT(name="glossary")}{display name="tracker_field_glossary"}{FORMAT}
 {FORMAT(name="acronym")}{display name="tracker_field_acronym"}{FORMAT}
 {FORMAT(name="page")}{display name="tracker_field_page" format=trackerrender}{FORMAT}
{LIST}


Only finds 133 of the 792 items in the tracker
See results here... http://jabi.com/Webmaster+Glossary+LIST+View

I think this works properly

{trackerlist trackerId="10" fields="78:79:80:81:82" server="n" tspaginate="max:10;expand:20;expand:30;expand:40;expand:50" list_mode="y" sortable="type:reset" tsfilters="type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter..."}


See results here... http://jabi.com/Webmaster+Glossary+TrackerList+View
NOTE: I can filter the glossary here by typing in Webmaster under Glossary

but if I add a filter, it finds nothing.
NOTE: Field 80 is filled with a dropdown box...

{trackerlist trackerId="10" fields="78:79:80:81:82" filterfield="80" exactvalue="Webmaster"  server="n" tspaginate="max:10;expand:20;expand:30;expand:40;expand:50" list_mode="y" sortable="type:reset" tsfilters="type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter...|type:text;placeholder:Type to filter..."}


See results here... http://jabi.com/Webmaster+Glossary+TrackerList+View+with+Filter

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

posts: 2695 United States

The improper LIST results was from a bad index.
I had tried reindex through the web, but evidently it wasn't working properly.

I switched from Lucene to MySQL full-text search.
Used the php console to rebuild the index.

I did get some errors.
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/wizardave/tiki-15.0/lib/parser/parserlib.php on line 1770

Warning: Missing argument 1 for ScoreLib::table(), called in /home/wizardave/tiki-15.0/lib/score/scorelib.php on line 272 and defined in /home/wizardave/tiki-15.0/lib/score/scorelib.php on line 333

  • I got a total of 6 of the scorelib errors.

If anyone can tell me what I should do about these errors, it would be greatly appreciated!

I then went to my LIST view page and I got 5 errors. Need to reindex. I did not write down the exact wording. But it told me that 5 times in the box...
So I clicked the link and let it rebuild the index.
It saw that the index had just been rebuilt. (from my using the console.)
Once it was done, I reloaded http://jabi.com/Webmaster+Glossary+LIST+View
and voila!
I am now showing all 792 items in the tracker.

Meaning, I should be able to filter and use LIST now, so an answer to the problem I had and still have with filtering on the dropdown box insertion, then unable to find that using a filter in Trackerlist, may not be a problem for me anymore.
crossing fingers
posts: 728 United States
I swear sometimes the Tiki gods let us sweat for awhile with no answers, so we'll figure it out on our own, and learn! Often I have been forced to dig waaay deeper than I am comfortable with to find my answer after a no response inquiry, just to actually find my solution, and I learned a ton in the process. Glad you discovered the solution Dave!

posts: 2695 United States

When I created the tracker field for the dropdown list, I put
someword, another, yetanother...
Notice the space after the commas.
That right there was the problem.
Now to update the 792 items... I bet there would be an easier way than opening each one at a time.

p.s. Thanks John. Maybe we can learn enough to help answer other's questions. All we have to do is keep tinkering til we figure it out.