Loading...
 
Features / Usability

Features / Usability


limit search results

posts: 30

Is there a way to limit the search results to only a specific category.
So I have this search module, and when any user searchs on it only the pages... belonging to a certain category to be shown...
Thank you!

posts: 30
Serio Being wrote:

Is there a way to limit the search results to only a specific category.
So I have this search module, and when any user searchs on it only the pages... belonging to a certain category to be shown...
Thank you!


I understand that this can be done with the use of the custom search plugin, but I have a problem: The search is all good configured, but the results are shown on the same page. How can I make it so that when I submit the search, I will be redirected to another page with the results?

posts: 126427
Serio Being wrote:
...How can I make it so that when I submit the search, I will be redirected to another page with the results?


Interesting idea, but i don't think there's any way of doing that at the moment, you can only direct the results to a div of your choice on the same page.

You could make the search form hide when the results arrive with a bit of javascript, which might look a bit similar. Something like this maybe (untested)?

$(document).on("pageSearchReady", function() {
    $('#customsearch_0').hide();
});
posts: 30
Jonny Bradley wrote:

Interesting idea, but i don't think there's any way of doing that at the moment, you can only direct the results to a div of your choice on the same page.

You could make the search form hide when the results arrive with a bit of javascript, which might look a bit similar. Something like this maybe (untested)?

$(document).on("pageSearchReady", function() {
    $('#customsearch_0').hide();
});

I understand but that doesn't quite help in what I am trying to archieve... is there any other way how I can limit the search to only wiki pages, or only blog posts? Becuase right now it shows all and I want to limit it to only my preferred type of object...


Upcoming Events

No records to display

Why Register?

Register at tiki.org and you'll be able to use the account at any *.tiki.org site, thanks to the InterTiki feature. A valid email address is required to receive site notifications and occasional newsletters. You can opt out of these items at any time.