It is renowned for being highly developer-oriented and brings together 5000+ geeks from all over the world.»
Jyhem has attended for 9 years nearly in a row and confirms that it's huge, it's chaotic, it's fun, and well worth attending.
Table of contents
FOSDEM 2024: February 3rd (from 9:30 to 19:00) & February 4th (from 9:00 to 18:00)
TikiFest: The week before from Monday to Friday.
FOSDEM will take place at the ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium, Europe, Earth.
It's fun, there are plenty of talks about Libre/Open-Source topics, there are a lot of interesting people to meet who are active or interested in Libre/Open-Source topics, it's an occasion of getting the word out about Tiki and adopt good ideas from other projects ;-)
Plus, we take advantage of being together for renting a TikiHouse and having a TikiFest the week before.
- Jyhem volunteers for keeping in touch with other projects and participating in the Collab Devroom (see below).
|21pm Monday 29th Jan
|13pm Monday 5th Feb
|6pm Monday 29th Jan
|4pm Monday 5th Feb
|Arriving and leaving Brussels Midi eurostar
|6pm Monday 29th Jan
|6am Monday 5th Feb
|add yourself by writing your username one line above
Staying at an AirBnB
- Aris Bernotas
- add yourself by writing your username one line above
Before Fosdem, all are welcome to meet some days earlier for talking, coding, having fun. Please update the above attendance table. If there is a lot of commitments, we can look for an RBNB TikiHouse. Otherwise, the usual appart-hotel downtown.
- Learn from other projects strength and weakness, for ex. Wordpress and Nextcloud (referring to the end product)
- Tiki page speed optimisation - a real world tiki that doesn't do well on https://pagespeed.web.dev, how to improve?
SUBLIST for plugin list
Needs some help, a ToastUI syntax thing
- Page speed optimisations (with perspectives - new pref needed)
Prepare conference for Fosdem
- Easy way of finding trackerId knowing only fieldId
- Update default prefs for Tiki 27.x
- Status labels par tracker
- Tabular usability
- Time discrepancy in scheduler logs
- Sort out wishes on dev that have been categorised as "master" (some from 2020 even!)
We have agreed to join our friends at Xwiki and NextCloud and submit a joint application for a devroom named « Collaboration and Content Management ».
It was accepted: https://fosdem.org/2024/schedule/track/collaboration-and_content-management/
« Pushing Tiki to its limits » by Jyhem was accepted.
- https://fosdem.org/2024/schedule/track/modern-email/ is relevant for Cypht
Some local food recommendations near Ixelles
- O Liban https://o-liban.com/
Great Lebanese restaurant, good selection, not too expensive but really busy and loud (needed to book)
- Le Bugatti https://lebugatti.be/
Old school Belgian cuisine, like your grandmother made (if she was Belgian)
Good Moule Marinière, need to go back for the other choices!
- All of them apart form Modern editing experiences you can build in your CMS.
From the https://fosdem.org/2024/schedule/track/collaboration-and_content-management/|Collaboration and Content Management devroom]
- Pushing Tiki to its limits
- openDesk - The Open Source collaborative suite
- Cristal: a new Wiki UI to rule them all
- How to get rid of Confluence: Comparing Open Source Knowledgemanagent Systems
- I haven't reviewed the first ones yet
- 20 Years of Open Source building XWiki and CryptPad
- I have a couple I'd like to review still