This page is dedicated to the desing of the homepage of Tiki.The pages on info.tiki.org are those first impression pages for folks arriving to Tiki. In order to keep them organized they can not be edited directly on the info.tikiwiki page, they are discussed and desinged here first, then go public
- Unify text with promo sheet & use famfamfam icons?
- The opening page of Tiki should give a quick and easy overview on what Tiki is about with as few clicks as possible
- gezza: I think we should avoid using links for the Features, Join!, etc subpages and try to make a tabbed layout where you can navigate without page reload. Currently there is no such feature in Tiki but maybe it should go on the roadmap to have plugin for this. It could be called "tab plugin" and should be similar to the existing "versions" plugin (maybe this one could be enhanced to use ajax and a few more parameters).
- what to include in the article listing
- tab switching reloads the page
- can not center H1, the syntax does not work
- Need to use a DIV:
anonymus in users can not navigate, when trying to switch tab the page just reloads but the tab is not switched. When logged in it works fine. This is caused by cache! If it need a refresh from cache, navigation will not work. After you refresh (with the green arrow icon on the top), navigation will work for anonymus
- the first H1 of a tab is not processed correctly. workaround is to start a raw, put one space than press enter and put the H1 in the 2nd row, than it is fine in preview mode but not fine after save
- having a wikilink in a H1 disrespects H1 style
Once you are part of the community, please help others, improve the docs, and contribute code.
- Social Source Commons
Link to pages that contain tiki buttons, banners, and badges for users to place on their sites
Link to tikiwiki resources on:
Tiki is a web-based, multilingual, wiki and content management system (CMS) tightly integrated with a comprehensive set of groupware features. It is a free and open source software created by a large, international development team.
Tiki includes hundreds of well integrated features. In most situations, Tiki “does it all”, you do not need to find other software to fill in a missing piece.
Because of this, Tiki helps you to easily create all types of collaborative applications:
- Use one and only one of the following parameters: fileId, randomGalleryId, fgalId, attId, id, or src. websites
- knowledge bases
Tiki’s web-based, graphical interface makes it easy to configure the features you need. Tiki’s enormous set of features allows you to have the confidence that it will adapt well to all your requirements, now and in the future.
Whatever you are looking for, chances are Tiki has it. Your search for the most feature-complete CMS is over.
Read the Top 10 Reasons to use Tiki and get started with Tiki today!
TikiWiki is Free and Open Source software (LGPL 2.1 (external link)). You do not have to pay anything to anyone to use TikiWiki. However, you may choose to get hired help for setup, hosting, training, etc.
These consultants are active contributors to the TikiWiki community. By hiring them, you are permitting them to spend more time to contribute to TikiWiki.
When you do hire people (they don't have to be on this list!), make sure to insist the fixes and enhancements are re-contributed back. This is good for you so you don't end up with a forked-version which will be difficult/expensive to maintain. It's good for the whole community as it accelerates Tiki's progress.
* Jonny Bradley (external link)
* Louis-Philippe Huberdeau (external link)
* luciash d' being (external link)
* Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy) (external link)
* Hans van Ee (The Netherlands) (external link)
* Stéphane Casset (external link)
* Sylvie Gréverend (sylvieg) (external link)
* Ian N Higginson (external link)
* Tom Bouillut (external link)
* Philippe Back (Belgium) (external link)
* Rick Sapir (external link)
* Xavier de Pedro (external link)
* Régis Barondeau (external link)
* Alexander Mette (external link)
* Gilles Maire (external link)
* AvanTech.net (external link)
* High Octane SPRL (external link)
* HighProductivity (external link)
* Enmore Services (external link)
* UNGI (external link)
* 3RCorp (external link)
* Citadel Rock Online Communities (external link)
* CGCOM (external link)
Avonsys (external link) monitors the sites of the Tiki community. Avonsys can monitor your site too in addition to offering general Tiki-related services.
You may also be interested by:
http://www.wikimatrix.org/consultants/TikiWiki+CMS-Groupware (external link)
Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware is an organic self-governing project that does things "the wiki way" and, in this spirit, when it's time to find people to join the group of project administrators, we draw from the community or active participants who can contribute time and effort to help with the guidance and direction of the project.
At this time, the Admin Group of the Tiki Software Community Association is pleased to announce the addition of two new members, Habiba Shahbaz and Roberto Kirschbaum. Habiba is bringing her unique skillset to keep the wheels of project administration turning smoothly, and Roberto has been actively contributing his coding skills, managing releases, and participating in community meetings. We are very pleased to make this announcement, and thanks again to the new admins for joining as we look forward to a great 2022.
Another administration change to announce is that Bilal Siddiq has resigned from the administrators group to devote more time to his other pursuits. We thank Bilal for his time in the group and wish him the best.
About the new members . . . .
We have a Tiki Roundtable meeting this Sunday, 23 January 2022 15:00 GMT
Join our first Roundtable meeting of the year at https://live.tiki.org/.
We have a Tiki Roundtable meeting this Sunday, December 19, 2021 15:00 GMT.
Join our last of the year Tiki Roundtable meeting at : https://live.tiki.org/
We have a Tiki Roundtable meeting this Sunday 21 Nov 2021 15:00 GMT.
We have (again) a lot of topics about things to discuss, decide and learn about.
And I hope to see you there for you to share and learn about Tiki.
More details here : https://tiki.org/Roundtable-Meeting-2021-11
Here is a draft of what it should look like
Here is an
excel sheet of the links related to the splash screen.
If you open the excel sheet, have a look at the tab that says: Proposed Look & Feel