Table of contents
- New video clip
- Steve Cichosz
- Jean-Marc Libs
- Then let's not forget...
- My passion
- Tiki as a CDN
- Tiki as a solution
- What has been done so far
- Where can you find me
- Interesting links
- Search this web site by key words
- Pages related to this one
New video clip
Bernard Sfez a Tiki Consultant from Israel owns and operates an agency offering web based solutions. He first heard about Tiki in 2001 when he was involved in a multilingual project. Since then, he is a regular contributor and well valued member of the Tiki community.
Mr. Sfez's relation with his clients are based on partnership and tight collaboration. This include ongoing consultancy, technical support and training at all stage of a project.
In this interview Bernard gives specific examples of how i18n problems are solved... and more.
Do expect a conclusion in Hebrew as he is well versed in this language.
Let's remember that Tiki Wiki is the ideal tool to build and maintain a Website. It includes data management & forms Generator, Collaborative Content Management, and much mure.
This video, produced by Daniel Gauthier a video producer and entrepreneur. Daniel is a Tiki Community member since 2009. This video interview is one of several videos that highlights members of the Tiki Community.
On the tv.tiki.org side
On my YouTube side
Here it is
Then let's not forget...
Kaltura's in visible integrated video CDN
Thank you to Kaltura for their continued integration support with Tiki and their repository services.
- Sales' pitch" re their online summit.
- Kaltura MediaGo release and more about MediaGo on Kaltura's blog
I'm passionate about video, radio and the web. As technology is evolving, so do I. As the web evolves, so is the relationship between all media is fading. One concept that I'm working with these days is Nonlinear narative story telling. On this subject, please refer to the Advanced Content Pulbishing page and the search for the Online Publishing House group. I've worked in the film industry years ago. This is why my heart belongs to this field. I specialize in the following areas:
- Pre-production including script writing, planning shoots and proof-reading;
- Production of video and photography; and
- Post-production including editing, distribution
for both for the brick and mortar and virtual world.
- Menu builing processes. When creating a video clip, one has to have a menu to begin with. Strangely engough, it is at the end that one constructs the menu system for a video clip. With the making of a menu system for your video clip, think abot how it will be structure at the begining and keep in mind that online video clip production is Nonlinear.
Altough, I'm recognized as an eternal newbie in this community, I'm becoming very much acquainted with Tiki and using it daily.
When it comes down to video editing I'm proficient with FCP and Premiere by Adobe.
When it comes down to script writing, I'm in my element. Therefore, documentation is always of interest to me although I'm mostly doing video prods.
- See the TV server installed on the Tiki side
The most active project I'm working on here at Tiki is the Video clip project where Open Source tools are being used and developed to communicate and promote Tiki as a good and solid infrastructure solution.
Tiki as a CDN
Tiki is used to document the video clips I've started to produce. The objective is to build a portal that would be used as a Content Delivery Network. As we all know, robust, yet agile CDN's are not cheap. Specially thosw CDN who manage complexity. Tiki as it all. We just need to make it do what we want.
Tiki as a solution
As all video editing affectionados will confirm, doing a good *video montage*, requires time and money ressources. Therefore, the crowd sourcing concept of doing online video editing is not only a dream come true with the use of the Kaltura plateform, it is a real possibility. It's been done before, you can view a sample on wikipedia. Yet, as mentionned, it requires ressources. Would you be interested to make this video clip projet fly higher and faster? If so, join our community and enjoy the ride!
Chroma key tests (march 17 2013)
Example of a social media experience
Who said kids are not ready for open communications?
This young girl (the one wearing a hero cap using a "vacation type of camera") bellow is filming with a small digital camera (not to mistake with a professional digital camera) conducts her interview with a movie actor who just learned he won an award.
Tiki is a wiki. Is tiki wiki fast?
Can Tiki CMS Groupware be so easy to use that this girl can conduct her interview and put it out there on the web within an hour?
Tiki as non linear
As technology evolves, so is Tiki. Please keep an eye on Advanced Content Pulishing since it is becoming clearer and clearer that once a tiki developer masters the basics about tiki and about video production, tiki can be very handy to create a multi-layer UI whereby many people working on the same project converge toward a unique organic content development. For example, let's say your working on a video clip presentation that is intended to many people coming from many background. The stake holders don't agree. Here is where possible conflict can occur. Roles in the project are:
- Scriptwriter (specially in situations where the specs are organic) (See this 10 page PDF description of roles in a feature film production)
- and you
However, if other members of the production remain in disagreement, bring the discussion back to the end product, what does the audience will get out of the experience. If people still don't agree, ask them:
- How will it look in the menu system once it's time to burn DVDs?
- If a viewer wants to see only "my part" will he be able?
Just like in a book creation, when creating your video clip, think non linear. After all, as technology evolves, filmakers will want to have control of the final product without over powering the others by using status quo and discouraging others to continue to contribute.
Therefore, if you have actors in your film (per exemple), make sure they understand that you use organic ressources to save money and that if they don't agree on what to do next, i.e. what will the menu system on the end product look and read like, the project will not grow and be completed as scheduled (use Project Management and tiki trackers to make your production schedule, your assistant director will love you!). Be prepared to go back to the narrative board to patch stuff!
What has been done so far
Here are the clips that have already been broadcasted on the internet using Kaltura technology
- How to get help with Gary Cunningham Lee (done)
- BBB with Fred Dixon and Marc Laporte (done)
- Philippe Cloutier on the translation power of Tiki (done)
- Jean-Marc Libs: Tiki and how to answer to real client's need (in FR: Tiki et comment répondre au vrai besoin du client) (to do)
- How to manage complexity with (Louis-Philippe Huberleau (to do)
- Tiki as an e-commerce solution by Pascal St-Jean (done)
- The concept of modularity by Marc Laporte (to do)
- Groups being easily managed by Nelso Ko (to do)
- International Online publishing by Kirsten (to do)
- Tiki and JQuerry by Jonny Bradley (to do)
- What is and what is not Tiki by Marc Laporte (to do)
Please noteEach person who are quoted here above has it's own raw copy of all that was video taped. Should anyone wish to use it's own video interview to dogfood it and complete the editing, please do so. Remember to respect the *standard format presentation policy*.
Where can you find me
- The Communications Team
- I help answering in the forum
- Asking for help with Big Blue Button. Which plugin do you prefer most?
- The Video Portal space where I did an inventory of all video clips being seen on Tiki.
- The mobile project
- Tikifest in Ottawa (April 2013)
- Interviewing Torsten (aka Fabricus) in Montreal
- Preparing a presentation in FR and in EN for PHP Quebec. The presentation is entitled: Customer Service and how to delight. I speak and communicate in French (mother tongue), English and Spanish.
My passion, what tikkles me is yoga. I teach full time and going international. I've been practicing since age 17.
I'm available as a junior consultant specialising in videography, photography, advisory, script writing, project management, documentation specialist and social media developement. I've written RFP's, RFQ's and done some SDLC projects in the past where I got involved in use cases, enough to give clients analysis reports as I have a basic training in Information Technology. I can help you get started with Tiki on the front end side not the back-end.
I can be reached at: daniel - at - tiki - dot - org
Thanks to Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware
Search this web site by key words
- 3 pages found for title search 'Kaltura'
- Targeting Integration of Kaltura by Tiki6 release
- 6 pages found for title search 'Video'
- Video Team Release
- Video Team Intro
- Video Clips
- Video Authoring
- Guideline for a typical video clip
- 12 pages found for title search 'Security'
- Tiki Suite Security
- Security Team Release
- Security Team Intro
- Security Team
- FLOSS Web Application with the longest predictable security support period
- No pages found for title search 'Visual Mapping'
Pages related to this one
14 pages link to UserPagedaniam
- Communications en français
- Media player
- Testing Tiki installations on major Shared Hosting companies
- Tiki website revamp
- TikiFest Design Revamp
- Traduction francophone
- Video Clips
- Webinar 2012 02
- Webinar 2012 10
- Webinar 2012 11