Also see: TikiFest
- Pick a date/location as soon as possible, ideally several months ahead of time, so everyone can organize logistics (plane tickets, check passports validity, etc.)
- Wi-fi is essential
Ideally, a house is rented for people that are from out of town
This is not easy in Germany.
In general, we try to have TikiFests just before or after related events. So people can travel and participate to the 2 events. It’s also good to plan these dates a long time ahead. There can be other synergies as well.
Weekdays or Week-ends?
If it’s a long TikiFest, it could be good to span both. So more people can participate, at least partially.
Advantages of TikiFest before the other event
- We get to know each other better.
- We arrive energized at the other event and fully ready to answer any questions about Tiki.
Advantages of TikiFest after the other event
- We can invite interested people to stay a few extra days and fest with us
When date is picked, it should be added to this wiki page, to Facebook, Upcoming and of course, the Tiki Event calendar
- power strip
- Presentation (update/adapt before)
- Handouts (update/adapt before)
- T-Shirts (and a t-shirt holder if you have)
- Donation box (maybe)