Anyone can freely read the Tiki documentation and support forums, etc. but, to post in the forums and make use of other interactive site features, please register at tiki.org. Your registration will enable you to log in at all the Tiki project sites — doc.tiki.org, dev.tiki.org, themes.tiki.org, etc. — through the InterTiki feature, and use the interactive features at those sites.
As an Open Source software project, Tiki draws its strength from its community of users, developers, documentation contributors and other supporters, and financially from donations.
A community around an open source software project, our model is one of people helping people and, once registered, you’ll find many opportunities to participate and contribute, whether you are an individual, or part of an organization, institution, or company. You don't need to be a developer and know how to code to contribute. You can:
- Find a role.
- Suggest a translation.
- Help with the documentation.
- Help other users on the forums.
- Send a bugfix/patch.
- Test bug reports to confirm they are valid .
- Tell people why you like Tiki. (Have you seen Why Use Tiki?)
- Hang out in the Chat and help people.
- Make a new theme.
- Suggest ideas for a new theme (at the Themes forum).
- Recommend Tiki to people as a solution, if appropriate (check Features and update their ratings).
- Respond (calmly) to unfounded/uninformed criticisms of Tiki.
- Participate at Tiki sites that are inviting members.
- Suggest ways to improve Tiki.
- Vote for Tiki.
- Feel free to submit your site as a Featured Tiki website!
- Help financially by making a donation to the Tiki Software Community Association.
- Search the documentation first and read the FAQ before asking questions.
- If you ask a question and get an answer that is more up-to-date than the documentation, please consider updating the documentation.
When answering a question, please reference the docs/FAQs/etc. This will increase the visibility these resources.
Those who find a problem with the documentation are welcome to update its pages to improve it.
If you have an idea for a code enhancement in Tiki but aren't a software developer yourself, you can suggest it but the developers working on Tiki are very busy so generally don't have time to take on new code enhancements voluntarily. You might be interested in hiring a coder for this, or find an independent software developer to take on the work.
In short, you are warmly invited to participate directly in the growth of Tiki by joining the Tiki Community. For those who would like to help but don't personally have the time, we also very much appreciate financial donations to help cover the operating expenses of the project.
Tiki is a large project and there are opportunities for everyone who would like to support the open source software movement and Tiki in particular. For those who would like to help but don't personally have the time, we also very much appreciate financial donations to help cover the operating expenses of the project.
Become a fan or follower of Tiki on these sites:
See Social Networks for more social networks!
Do you have a Tiki-powered website? Use one of these badges to tell the world. (Yes, these are definitely retro — updates are in the pipeline .)
Note: Please use the images that are in the Tiki package on your server. Do not link directly to the tiki.org image files.