Currently (Jan 2020) the registration process has issues and we want to improve it.
- People register several times because of registration fails
- Too many fields
- Sad and boring UI/UX
- Too many "security" checks (Tiki looks bad)
- Tiki Captcha has issues
- The process has to be manually approved
We have to focus on other collaborative platforms to compare.
Most of them follow what is the standard today.
- Very focused screen without too much of noise (in some cases centered modal)
In some cases short messages about the delivered value on registering, community ambiance (smiles, people, etc)
- Short form with 2 to 3 fields max
- Provide Facebook or OpenID login as an alternative
- Use https://doc.tiki.org/Terms-and-Conditions
- Have a tracker per user (trackers goes first)
- Not sure what do you mean here?
- Find a new captcha solution
- Or use Google Recaptcha?