- Where are we?
- We have a very recent TikiMarketPlace , so far. (thanks to mdavey )
- Some examples of initiatives to collect money to have bugs fixed and RFE coded:
- Pdf generation: PdfGenerationDev - maybe not taken into account the money offer to have pdf genration improved? (there has been no answer for many months to the moeny offered there... )
- Where do we want to be?
- Have some kind of bounty module or feature for easying the coding of new feature, RFE and BugFixing done, but allowing people to cooperate joining "modest" funds, at least, to have things done in a reasonable time frame.
- Who is working on what? (Priorities/goals/majors issues/roles)
Who is working here generally? Link UserPage.
- xavi - I'm not coder (just initially suggested the feaure; see bottom for comments). However, I don't believe in this system within Tiki community (after I know more how it works). Just some better communication between power users and tiki coders (aiming to work on "other's itches") is needed. There was a Find a Tiki Expert (or similar page) before, listing all coders which offered potentially his payed services to users requesting them (as far as I remember). But nowadays (july 2007), i could only find and only FindSupport page.
List of other products with similar/interesting/related features.
- Horde Bounty system
- Gnome Desktop Integration Bounty Hunt
- General Bounty System
- Zencart forum post (suggestion, there, also)
Where ideas can be exchanged, debated, etc. Interested people can subscribe to the wiki page and/or to these forums as they would a mailing list.
- I think this Tiki Bounty System could help a lot in having improvements done. Improving communication and desires between users who are not coders (but may get some money to have improvements coded by others), and developers who "would appreciate" some money back for their time and expertise.
- Xavi thinks (update july 2007) that this bounty system is not needed, but just a better way to find hire-able coders.... and let them communicate freely....