Android Apps that might be potentially interesting to "eat" or "feed" Tiki resources, or interact with the Tiki community from Android-enabled devices:
Table of contents
1. Android Database
A database program for Android. It allows you to easily store your information in Android's built-in databases and view them in a List or Card format. Use it for storing things like your CD collection, wine collection, home inventory, bank transactions, telephone calls, personal information, business contacts or any reference databases you need to access and search regularly.
Android IRC Client (Free Edition)
(Information shared by fabricius in the tikiwiki-users list - June 18, 2013)
Default settings for "AndroPHP":
From another PC use the LAN-IP, which is shown on the default page of the installed running app - for *example 192.168.2.109* (in case of problems just mind if you have set static or dynamic DNS in your local Router).
Webport of AndroPHP is 8080
MySQLport of AnroPHP is 3306
Unpack Tiki somewhere on the external or internal Sdcard and alter the path in the AndroPHP settings (mainly selfexplaining, but I will provide a few screenshots anyway).
Reach the installer from your Android:
Reach the installer via LAN:
Setup a database:
Host/Socket for the local.php to mention in the installation process:
(typing "localhost" will mostlikely not work, so use "127.0.0.1")
databasename, database_username and password as usual
and all the rest of the installation process is like on any Linux Server
Use cases of AndroPHP
- use of Tiki as mobile personal information manager (PIM) and notekeeping wiki (mind that using the Android Server, you can still work on it from your (any) PC, respectively from any client that connects to the Tiki website via LAN/WLAN.
- development of websites whereever you go, without the need of laptop and stuff - just throw the 7" or 10" tablet in a small bag and work wherever you like - at the pool, in the city, mountains etc. (very handy for me, whilst I am on a cycling tour).
- take the device and show your Tiki-made presentations at any lecture at any place, from any computer just using the WLAN (or your phones hotspot) and the Tab (or phone)
- use it for ad hoc training
BigBlueButton client for Android.
A free RSS reader, to read Tiki resources offline easily.
6. Memento Database
Memento Database is a highly flexible and customizable personal database management tool. Created for anyone seeking to store various data on their Android devices, the software enables users to create custom libraries with unique sets of data fields, quickly add new entries and, finally, share entries with friends or colleagues, or export them to other systems with just a few taps.
- Storing entries with custom fields;
- Sorting, grouping and filtering entries by any fields;
- 19 types of fields: – text, integer, boolean, date/time, rating, currency, image, audio, contact, Google Maps coordinate and others;
- Synchronization with Google Docs.
- Importing and exporting CSV files;
- Password protection (encrypt entries using AES-128).
- Charts: Pie, Line, Bar, Columns, Area, Scatter, Stepped Area.
- Backing up and restoring data;
- Sending entries via SMS, e-mail, and other available services;
- Barcode scanner, creating entries with data and images retrieved from Google Products;
- Any entry in Memento can be published and made available to your friends or worldwide.
- You can keeping track of everything.
7. Servers Ultimate (Pro)
It can be used to set up a wiki on a tablet for training in poor bandwidth locations. Runs on an Android tablet using Servers Ultimate Pro. There is also a "Servers Ultimate" trial version for free which lasts 7 days, and could fit that training period, etc.
8. WebDAV File Manager
There a many apps that claim that can manage webdav-powered servers. Tiki requires that the webdav app is able to manage folders with spaces, for instance ("File Galleries"), and not alol seem to do it. WebDAV File Manager is a small free application that works outof the box nicely with Tiki webdav powered File Galleries.
An opensourced android application that provides a compact tool to integrate new field citations and to create floristic relevés directly on the field, without having to transcript the annotations later, from a paper format to an informatized format. No more typo errors thanks to the included thesauri. And everything directly integrated with the gps data.
It can be interesting for Tiki since ZamiaDroid allows you to generate your own forms, with your own custom fields, and allows you to save this information in your own db of items. So it would probably be to adapt the source code to make it general enough to provide a mobile version of tracker generator, and feed (sync) trakcer items between the android smartphone and the tiki-based tracker.