This page serves as documentation on the use of interactive translation for translators on i18n.tiki.org
To access it please click on this link: i18n.tiki.org. Once on the page click on the "Log in" button.
Then you have two choices:
- If you have an account, you can enter your credentials and log in.
- If not click on "Register" to create an account.
The creation of an account on i18n.tiki.org is a must for tiki translators because it will allow them to access the user interface and start with the translations.
Here are the steps to create an account
- To create an account, please click first on the "Connection" button then on the "Register" button.
- please fill in all the fields of the form while respecting each 'label' of the fields.
- validate the creation of the account by clicking on the "Register" button.
Note well : After that an email will be sent to your mailbox, to allow you to confirm your account. If you use an email filter, make sure to add i18n at i18n.tiki.org to your accepted list right after you receive the confirmation email in spam so that subsequent emails don't end up in spam.
You can launch the interactive translation either by using the buttons in the "Interactive Translation" menu, or by going to Control Panels->Edit languages.
- Using the "Interactive Translation" menu.
- Click on the "Start Translation" button. A blue bar will appear at the top of the window.
- On the blue bar, you can start, pause or stop the translation.
- You can also stop the translation by clicking on the "Stop Translation" button in the "Interactive Translation" menu.
- By going to Control Panels->Edit languages.
- Click on the "Turn on interactive translation" button to start the interactive translation. This will cause a blue bar to appear at the top of the window.
- Click on the "Turn off interactive translation" button to stop the interactive translation.
This method offers more control to manage the translation. The page looks like this :
- Before starting the translation put tiki in the language in which you want to translate. You can do this quickly by using the "Switch Language" menu on the right side of the window.
- Start the interactive translation using one of the two methods written in point three.Untranslated words will appear in red like in this image.
- Click on an untranslated word, a window will appear, find the line corresponding to your word, enter the translation of the word in the Translation field, then save.
- Once finished, stop the translation.
note well : translations will be sent every two hours once the online translations have been merged.