We, the Tiki Software Community Association, hold the privacy of the visitors and users of tiki.org and its associated subdomains and related venues (hereinafter "tiki.org" and "the website(s)") to be very important, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains the matters concerning your personal information.
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about the computer or other device you use to access tiki.org, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths (open source analytics software is used for this purpose and so the data is not exposed to any commercial entity);
- Information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with tiki.og;
- Information that you enter when you create a profile at tiki.org—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, and so on;
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Related to this, before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information submitted to us through tiki.org will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of tiki.org and its subdomains. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering tiki.org and related activities;
- Personalizing tiki.org for your benefit;
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through the tiki.org internal messaging function); and
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on tiki.org, that information will be published and otherwise used in accordance with the license you grant to us.
You can specify the privacy settings in your Tiki site account ("My Account") to limit the publication of your information on the website.
It is not the policy or practice of the Tiki Software Community Association to supply your personal information to any other organization or company for their or any other third party’s direct marketing or any other purpose. If this policy were ever to change, we would first make a general notification of such a policy change and also not supply your personal information without your express consent.
Your personal information at tiki.org may be disclosed to any of our association officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may originate in or be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on tiki.org or submit for publication on tiki.org may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section E.
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Personal information is kept for the duration of your membership at tiki.org for the purposes described in Section C.
- It hasn't been the practice of the Tiki Software Community Association to delete personal data according to any particular time schedule, under the assumption that the user account of a registered members of tiki.org remains active unless and until it is closed by the user, or unless it is closed for cause by the site administrators.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Website backups may contain copies of your personal information, and all reasonable measures are made to keep these secure and private.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws specify rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to the use and processing of your personal data at tiki.org;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You may view your personal information at tiki.org by accessing your "My Account " page, where your personal (biographical) information is shown, and where all wiki pages, blog posts, forum posts and so on that your have authored are listed. Alternatively, you may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- The request for your personal information must be made by means of email originating from the email address associated with your tiki.org account. If that email address is no longer valid or available, then you may be required to submit other proof of identity that can be checked against your tiki.org user account information.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- Should it be necessary, EU individuals have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
The tiki.org websites include hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Google Analytics - see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Matomo/Piwik (self hosted) - see https://matomo.org/privacy/
- BigBlueButton - see https://bigbluebutton.org/privacy/
If your personal information at tiki.org requires updating, please log in and update it at your "My Account" page. If you have had an account at tiki.org but don't remember your password, please access the "I forgot my password" form to create a new password, and then proceed to update your personal information as necessary.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
PHPSESSIDCV(PHP session identifier and collision avoidance backup)
local_tzoffsetbrowser timezone information
tiki_cookies_acceptedto indicate and hide the Cookies Consent banner when you accept it
Additionally for Logged in users:
tiki-user-communityTiki login "remember me" cookie
tabsRemember which tabs you last used
wiki_plugin_edit_viewto indicate if you want the wiki plugin helper icons shown or hidden
- Various other cookies to remember states of menus and other collapsible page elements
Our websites may store the following third-party services cookies as well:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on tiki.org.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- In Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on tiki.org. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system of tiki.org.
If you have any questions or comments about the collection, storage, use or erasure of personal information, please contact the administrators of tiki.org.