It is renowned for being highly developer-oriented and brings together 5000+ geeks from all over the world.»
Jyhem has attended for 7 years in a row and confirms that it's huge, it's chaotic, it's fun, and well worth attending.
Table of contents
FOSDEM 2020 at 1 February (from 9:30 to 19:00) & 2 February (from 9:00 to 18:00)
TikiFest before or after? (to be confirmed)
FOSDEM will take place at the ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium, Europe, Earth.
Hopefully, we find a place for a TikiHouse as usual.
It's fun, there are plenty of talks about Libre/Open-Source topics, there are a lot of interesting people to meet who are active or interested in Libre/Open-Source topics, it's an occasion of getting the word out about Tiki and adopt good ideas from other projects ;-)
Plus, we could take advantage of being together for renting a TikiHouse and having a TikiFest.
- We should submit talks which showcase the power of Tiki for the « Collaborative information and content management applications Devroom ». That gets Tiki and the speaker visbility during Fosdem and also forever after: the talk slides and video stay online on Fosdem's site.
The Call for Participation is here: https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Events/Fosdem2020/DevRoom/CFP/
- December 9th 2019: deadline for submission of proposals
- December 15th 2019 or before: announcement of final schedule
- February 1st 2020, in the morning: devroom day
- Jyhem volunteers for keeping in touch with other projects and following up on any submissions we may want to do about a stand or anything at Fosdem. I did it before and I know that's enough occupation for me.
- Torsten brings the Tiki display and if necessary a projector (no tv/computer screen this time, as travelling by bus) -> does a projector make sense to use at a stand/booth, if we will have one?
|Jean-Marc Libs|| Tuesday, 28th |
if that's when the TikiFest rental starts
|Almost definitely jonny B||Tuesday, 28th||Monday, 3rd|
|Almost definitely Torsten||before 1st||after 2nd||Flixbus|
|luciash d' being 🧙♂️||?||?||Flixbus|
|add yourself by writing your username one line above|
- Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist
- add yourself by writing your username one line above
As discussed during Roundtable-Meeting-2019-09. It would be great to spend more days together before Fosdem. Please update the above attendance table so we can plan suitable accommodation and travel plans.
- Share examples of elaborate Tracker usage. Discuss best practices for common use cases.
- How could the tiki-check page design be improved while keeping in mind the page is both a useful standalone tool and some people's first sight of Tiki.
- Improvement of documentation and marketing
- How to recruit and train new consultants (for example for the German language market)
- Learn from other projects strength and weekness, for ex. Wordpress and Nextcloud (referring to the end product)
Our friends at Xwiki have submitted a joint application for a devroom named « Collaboration Devroom ». https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Events/Fosdem2020/DevRoom/Proposal/
Description: Power, today, comes from sharing information, not withholding it. (Keith Ferrazzi). Inspired by this, the XWiki community along with several other Open Source projects would like to organize a developer room to explore the theme of "Collaboration Software and Collaborative Uses of Open Source Software”, at FOSDEM 2020.
This means we should submit talks on the following topics!https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Events/Fosdem2020/DevRoom/Proposal/
- New projects presentation
- Self-hosted platforms
- Secure collaboration
- Collaborative applications
- Connectors & Integrations
- Knowledge management techniques
- Protocols for collaboration