Loading...
 
Architecture / Installation

Architecture / Installation


RSS Plugin used incorrectly - not sure how to fix

posts: 2 United States

I recently installed tikiwiki and I love it, except I just did a dumb thing and am not sure how to fix it.

I was trying to grab an RSS feed and display it in a new module.

I read this article http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=PluginRSS that told me to insert the code into a wiki page. So I thought that it would probably work if I inserted that into the field for setting up a new module. It was a bad idea because now I can't access my site.

Here is the error message:
"Fatal error: Smarty: {in evaluated template line 2}: syntax error: unrecognized tag: RSS(id=>1,max=>10,date=>1,author=>0,desc=>1) (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 423) in /home/content/m/a/r/marklanderson/html/lib/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 2068"

Here is my web address, so you can see the error: http://www.rochestermnsearch.com/


I'm not a programmer so I have been trying to not break anything, but of course I have. I am assuming that little snippet of code that I entered when making the RSS module is stored in the database? Is there some sort of query that I can perform to remove it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


-Mark

posts: 1551 Canada

Look for the tiki_modules table

Best regards,

M ;-)

posts: 2 United States

Thank you so much. Woohoo it worked, and it was my first encounter with phpmyadmin... Told you I was new. For others who may come accross a similar problem, here is what I did to fix it.

To delete a module from the database, I used phpmyadmin (provided by my hosting provider) and ran this query:

SQL-query: SELECT * FROM `tiki_modules` LIMIT 0, 30;


This was the result I got:

name position ord type title cache_time rows params groups
login_box r 1 NULL NULL 0 NULL NULL a:2:{i:0;s:10:"Registered";i:1;s:9:"Anonymous";}
application_menu l 2 NULL 0 10 a:2:{i:0;s:10:"Registered";i:1;s:5:"Admin";}
directory_top_sites l 5 NULL 0 10 a:1:{i:0;s:5:"Admin";}
assistant l 4 NULL 0 10 a:1:{i:0;s:5:"Admin";}
breadcrumb r 8 NULL 0 10 a:1:{i:0;s:5:"Admin";}
comm_received_objects r 9 NULL 0 10 a:1:{i:0;s:5:"Admin";}
directory_stats l 1 NULL 0 10 a:1:{i:0;s:5:"Admin";}
Weather r 5 NULL 0 0 a:1:{i:0;s:9:"Anonymous";}
google r 2 NULL 0 10 a:4:{i:0;s:9:"SuperUser";i:1;s:10:"Registered";i:2...
messages_unread_messages r 4 NULL 0 10 a:3:{i:0;s:9:"SuperUser";i:1;s:10:"Registered";i:2...
online_users r 3 NULL 0 10 a:3:{i:0;s:9:"SuperUser";i:1;s:10:"Registered";i:2...
who_is_there r 6 NULL 0 10 a:1:{i:0;s:5:"Admin";}

Then I clicked a link to delete the module that was giving me trouble. And when I checked my website, the error was magically gone and everything was back to normal. Thanks again marclaporte!