I don't mean to be a huge whiner (but, trust me.. i am very good at it)... don't get me wrong... TW is amazing.. I got it up and running in < 5 min.. wholly crap.. incredible... and talk about feature packed...
....BUT... search DOES NOT WORK properly and the forums are extremely lacking
wouldn't it make sense to get the basics in place before worrying about things like games, movies, 4 different calendar versions, etc, etc...
I know.. not too popular to give someone's $0.02 worth... but not sure how else to give feedback on this project... and if you REALLY don't want feedback.. you REALLY are doomed...
Top 10 TW Peeves:
1 - why isn’t there a proper SEARCH ?
- to start this off can we at least agree on a couple things:
o standard search for - RED BALL would search on RED AND BALL
o TW does RED OR BALL – which is WRONG!!
- BASIC search should be capable of:
o RED BALL = RED AND BALL
o “red ball??? = only match “red ball??? as quoted
o and then, maybe RED or BALL = RED OR BALL
Damian I think replied to my whining about this a year ago and stated some technical reason this couldn’t be done correctly… sorry… that’s ridiculous… anything CAN be done… plus every other site on the planet with a search engine does it right (including simple ones I have written myself) so it can’t really be that hard.
BUT.. can we at least agree that it is WRONG in current design (1.9)
2 - what’s up with the FORUM threads?
- I don’t see THREADs… pretty sure one of most important things about a forum
- why not tie in phpBB to TW… it works properly (even has proper search engine)
- I think I read a post a ways back where someone asked this question and they got shot down by someone saying that TW forum was better than phpBB.. OMG.. you really have got to be kidding… they can do a proper search and can display entire thread – nuff said!!
ok, fine.. I only have these 2 MAJOR pet peeves so far – which after setting up and running a TW site for past 8 months really is saying something about the quality of TW (which is that it is a pretty slick package – in case that was lost in my random sarcasm)
feel free to ignore me or yell at me all you like,
my tiki site: www.ottawavolleyball.com