It is renowned for being highly developer-oriented and brings together 5000+ geeks from all over the world.»
Jyhem has attended for 7 years in a row and confirms that it's huge, it's chaotic, it's fun, and well worth attending.
Table of contents
FOSDEM 1 (from 9:30 to 19:00) & 2 February (from 9:00 to 18:00) 2020
TikiFest before or after? (to be confirmed)
FOSDEM will take place at the ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium, Europe, Earth.
Hopefully, we find a place for a TikiHouse as usual.
It's fun, there are plenty of talks about Libre/Open-Source topics, there are a lot of interesting people to meet who are active or interested in Libre/Open-Source topics, it's an occasion of getting the word out about Tiki and adopt good ideas from other projects ;-)
Plus, we could take advantage of being together for renting a TikiHouse and having a TikiFest.
- We should think of talks which showcase the power of Tiki and submit them for the « Collaboration Devroom » or « Collaborative Applications Devroom ». That gets Tiki and the speaker visbility during Fosdem and also forever afyer (the talk slides and video stay online on Fosdem's site).
- We should decide if we want to apply for a stand. The deadline for stand proposals is november 1st. No rush. Yet. As stands must have 2 people on them at all times and we want to also enjoy Fosdem, I will not send an application for a stand if we don't have 6 people or more willing to participate.
We have 3 options
- We have no stand, like last year.
- We apply for a « wikis and CMSes » stand with other projects like we did in 2018, 2017, 2016. These other projects might be DokuWiki, CMSMS, Foswiki, wikisuite, others? (XWiki will have their own separate stand with cryptpad).
- We apply for a wikisuite stand with other projects Tiki works with such as openfire, Padé, syncthing, ClearOS, etc.
We have time for discussing our options yet.
Jyhem volunteers for keeping in touch with other projects and following up on any submissions we may want to do about a stand or anything at Fosdem. I did it before and I know that's enough occupation for me.
|Jean-Marc Libs|| Tuesday, 28th |
if that's when the TikiFest rental starts
|Almost definitely jonny B||-|
|add yourself by writing your username one line above|
- luciash d' being 🧙♂️
- Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist
- add yourself by writing your username one line above
As discussed during Roundtable-Meeting-2019-09. It would be great to spend more days together before Fosdem. Please update the above attendance table so we can plan suitable accommodation and travel plans.
- Share examples of elaborate Traker usage. Discuss best practices for common use cases.
- How could the tiki-check page design be improved while keeping in mind the page is both a useful standalone tool and some people's first sight of Tiki.
Our friends at Xwiki have submitted a joint application for a devroom named « Collaboration Devroom ». https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Events/Fosdem2020/DevRoom/Proposal/
Description: Power, today, comes from sharing information, not withholding it. (Keith Ferrazzi). Inspired by this, the XWiki community along with several other Open Source projects would like to organize a developer room to explore the theme of "Collaboration Software and Collaborative Uses of Open Source Software”, at FOSDEM 2020.
This means we should submit talks on the following topics!https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Events/Fosdem2020/DevRoom/Proposal/
- New projects presentation
- Self-hosted platforms
- Secure collaboration
- Collaborative applications
- Connectors & Integrations
- Knowledge management techniques
- Protocols for collaboration