I used a PHP CMS many moons ago (XOOPS) then for the past 5-6 yrs used DNN (.NET based CMS) and after not running a site for over a year decided to move back over to PHP and choose tiki. I just preface with this info so you folks know where I am coming from
Overall I love tiki so far. However some things I am not clear on, having issue with and would love some help from the tiki pros here.
1. seems using sendmail or my smtp settings I can't get registration emails to send. anyone have any input as to why this is? Do I need to manually edit anything?
2. My forums seem to default to text based editor. Where can I enable the rich text editor like in this forum?
3. I discovered themes, and while the business one gave me a good starting templet for my front page I am not clear how to edit it. for example, I don't need/want the calendar blocks on the front page. I want the SAME front page if you are logged in or not.
4. How do I re-arrange the main menu listing? ie I want to move the forum link to near the top of the vertical menu. Ditto with the forum listings, I found a sorting option by name, date created etc, but no way to manually arrange them the way I want.
5. I want my front page to be for news postings. Is the blog or articles module the best one for that kind of job? So you have a context my site is a news, community pc gaming and table top rpg focused site. Going to be near daily postings and want options for a lot of user interactivity like voting on the news items, comments, etc. also, Somewhat back to #3 how do I put the news or article module on the front page?
6. Can the image gallery support posting (via embedding or such) videos from youtube or the like?
7. After reading the docs a bit confused still on the point of categories.
8. I dont see a way to set individual permissions to view/access a forum by group. ie only give users in the admin or site staff group access to forum #5.
That's all for now thanks to anyone who can help!