This is a proposal /discussion about tv.tiki.org
- Improve Tiki community and documentation via the use/re-use and sharing of audio and video media.
- Dogfood Kaltura
- See below
- Use of video clips to provide information about Tiki.org
The big question
- tv.tiki.org be a perspective of tiki.org ?
- Be a standalone site
- not exist and videos live anywhere (which they do in fact, because they are either hosted on Kaltura.com or Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Per example, we wish to integrate a Video Remixer like this one bellow to make Tiki a complete video editing plateform.
- All non text assets (audio and video) should be findable via tv.tiki.org
- Either the from the search box or the list of pages
- The audio and video can be hosted on our instance of Kaltura or hosted elsewhere and simply embedded in the page
- The wiki page should have a description of the video, to help SEO.
- The audio/video can also be embedded elsewhere (ex.: on doc.tiki.org), in which case there should be a link from the tv.tiki.org wiki page to the other sites.
- It would be nice to have a navigation system so it's possible to filter videos by tags, keywords, etc.
- Should we use tags and improve the search to show videos in the results?
- There are also some bugs:
- Experiment with MediaSpace (not FOSS but uses Zend Framework)
- Daniel Gauthier
- Jonny Bradley
- Marc Laporte
- Move to using HTML5 version -> https://tv.tiki.org/Test+embed+with+HTTPS+and+HTML5
- Reconvert all videos there to the mobile versions
- Make it work with HTTPS / SSL -> https://tv.tiki.org/Test+embed+with+HTTPS+and+HTML5
- Remove files over 50 MB (d
Guidelines for screencasts
- Screen width of a maximum 1024 pixels (to avoid recording unused screen space)
- Make sure sound is good. USB microphone is recommended