- Check the licenses of all newly included or updated code.
- Protect Trademarks
- Send letters out to people using our trademark without permission because if we don't protect, we weaken our position
Tasks (do and cross out)
- Assist for Tiki Software Community Association administrative setup.
- Gather/manage all the official paper work of the association (Incorporation, etc.)
- Write up Terms of Service
- Write up a confidentiality agreement
- When someone gets admin access to tiki.org (and even more when it's a dump of the data), we would want a confidentiality agreement.
Tiki footer emails say: "Tiki®, TikiWiki®, and the Tiki logo are registered trademarks of the Tiki Software Community Association.", but I am pretty sure the logo is not covered. Do we keep or change this sentence? Marc Laporte
- Coordinate with Team from WVU Entrepreneurship Clinic of the West Virginia University College of Law for 2013-2014 school year.
- Determine acceptable uses of Tiki Trademarks
- Write up something like http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/legal/fraud-report/index.html
- Prepare a plan
- In collaboration with Finance Team and Fundraising, determine if we should become a 501c
- Official Association yearly filing with the government (Nelson)
- Who did this last? And when is the next time it needs to be done?
- “Terms of Service; Didn't Read” (short: ToS;DR)