Moreover, the Translate project has produced Pootle — a web interface that allows anyone from the net to translate PO files. No need any more to be initiated in the black magic of PO file manipulation.
The utilities should make it easier to pick up on a stale Tikiwiki translation.
- Python interpreter (http://www.python.org) installed on your system
- Translate toolkit (http://translate.sf.net), downloaded and installed on your system
- python tiki2po.py infile.php outfile.po # produces a PO from TikiWiki’s language file
- python po2tiki.py infile.po outfile.php # produces a TikiWiki’s language file from PO
Additional docs available on the Translate Toolkit tiki2po page
- By installing the Translate Toolkit you’ll get this script automatically, however, the souce is available from SVN should you want it separately: tiki2po and po2tiki.