This is a cross-project with the Analytics Team and Documentation Team
- Determine how folks are using the Tiki Documentation site, if it is meeting their needs, and where to focus our future effort
- Provide this information to Documentation Team.
- Reviewing Google analytics for doc site
- Reviewing Tiki page hits & search queries
- Implementing "Was this useful" per-page
- As soon as we have enough people to make this happen
What are the types of questions we want answered?
- How are people arriving at specific doc pages?
- Via Google/other search engines? What queries being used?
- Via the Help button in Tiki pages?
- Via other sources?
- How are people navigating throughout the doc site?
- Can we use a forced browse path to help?
- Doe we need a more focused entry point? Or is search enough?
- What are the top queries (via the doc-site search)?
- Can we improve user experience by using alias or directed searches?
- Possible dog-food future search-based enhancements (e.g., findability) for Tiki Search
- What are the top doc-site referrers? Can we use/partner with them as doc providers/maintainers?
- What are the most "popular" (i.e., most used) doc pages?
- Does this reflect a poor-usability with a specific feature?
- Helps Doc team focus resources on specific pages.