This page is dedicated to the desing of the homepage of Tiki.The pages on info.tiki.org are those first impression pages for folks arriving to Tiki. In order to keep them organized they can not be edited directly on the info.tikiwiki page, they are discussed and desinged here first, then go public
Communication related content
- Unify text with promo sheet & use famfamfam icons?
- The opening page of Tiki should give a quick and easy overview on what Tiki is about with as few clicks as possible
- gezza: I think we should avoid using links for the Features, Join!, etc subpages and try to make a tabbed layout where you can navigate without page reload. Currently there is no such feature in Tiki but maybe it should go on the roadmap to have plugin for this. It could be called "tab plugin" and should be similar to the existing "versions" plugin (maybe this one could be enhanced to use ajax and a few more parameters).
- what to include in the article listing
- tab switching reloads the page
- can not center H1, the syntax does not work
- Need to use a DIV:
anonymus in users can not navigate, when trying to switch tab the page just reloads but the tab is not switched. When logged in it works fine. This is caused by cache! If it need a refresh from cache, navigation will not work. After you refresh (with the green arrow icon on the top), navigation will work for anonymus
- the first H1 of a tab is not processed correctly. workaround is to start a raw, put one space than press enter and put the H1 in the 2nd row, than it is fine in preview mode but not fine after save
- having a wikilink in a H1 disrespects H1 style
Tiki has been actively developed since 2002, making it a very mature open source Wiki-CMS-Groupware solution. Over 170 people (external link) have contributed source code. According to Ohloh.net, this is one of the largest open-source teams in the world, and is in the top 2% of all project teams on Ohloh. (external link)
Our own dogfood (external link), that is. We use Tiki's features to actively develop Tiki. For example, Tiki's Trackers are used for feature requests and bug reports. Forums that were initially hosted using other software were moved to Tiki's own Forum feature. So you get access to tightly integrated and well-tested features.
Tiki is used in tens of thousands of web sites/projects/communities/companies (external link) and has been picked by Firefox for their official support site (external link).
List of Tiki awards (including ones where we were finalists)
* Tiki was among a handful of community-driven free source projects to be named to the Seventh Annual EContent 100. The annual list contains the companies "that matter most in the digital content industry."
* Finalist as Most Collaborative Project, SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards (external link)
* Project of the Month, Sourceforge July, 2003 (external link)
* Best Web Application, OSDir 2003 Editor's Choice Award (external link)
* Rated Top 10 App by OSDir (external link)
* Rated Top 50 Most Popular App (Overall) by Freshmeat (external link)
* Rated Top 5 Most Popular App (in PHP) by Freshmeat (external link)
* Included as a recommended CMS by UNESCO (external link)
With an average a CVS commit every 2 hours (external link), Tiki is always moving forward. As new technologies are introduced (mobile applications, AJAX, folksonomy, etc.) we work to add them to Tiki
The Tiki project partners with Open Source Software actors. Our social contract (external link) defines the "Tiki Principles." We leverage existing technologies and partner with field leaders whenever possible. Read more about our partners (external link) or become one!
Tiki is a web-based, multilingual, wiki and content management system (CMS) tightly integrated with a comprehensive set of groupware features. It is a free and open source software created by a large, international development team.
Tiki includes hundreds of well integrated features. In most situations, Tiki “does it all”, you do not need to find other software to fill in a missing piece.
Because of this, Tiki helps you to easily create all types of collaborative applications:
- Use one and only one of the following parameters: fileId, randomGalleryId, fgalId, attId, id, or src. websites
- knowledge bases
Tiki’s web-based, graphical interface makes it easy to configure the features you need. Tiki’s enormous set of features allows you to have the confidence that it will adapt well to all your requirements, now and in the future.
Whatever you are looking for, chances are Tiki has it. Your search for the most feature-complete CMS is over.
Read the Top 10 Reasons to use Tiki and get started with Tiki today!
TikiWiki is Free and Open Source software (LGPL 2.1 (external link)). You do not have to pay anything to anyone to use TikiWiki. However, you may choose to get hired help for setup, hosting, training, etc.
These consultants are active contributors to the TikiWiki community. By hiring them, you are permitting them to spend more time to contribute to TikiWiki.
When you do hire people (they don't have to be on this list!), make sure to insist the fixes and enhancements are re-contributed back. This is good for you so you don't end up with a forked-version which will be difficult/expensive to maintain. It's good for the whole community as it accelerates Tiki's progress.
* Jonny Bradley (external link)
* Louis-Philippe Huberdeau (external link)
* luciash d' being (external link)
* Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy) (external link)
* Hans van Ee (The Netherlands) (external link)
* Stéphane Casset (external link)
* Sylvie Gréverend (sylvieg) (external link)
* Ian N Higginson (external link)
* Tom Bouillut (external link)
* Philippe Back (Belgium) (external link)
* Rick Sapir (external link)
* Xavier de Pedro (external link)
* Régis Barondeau (external link)
* Alexander Mette (external link)
* Gilles Maire (external link)
* AvanTech.net (external link)
* High Octane SPRL (external link)
* HighProductivity (external link)
* Enmore Services (external link)
* UNGI (external link)
* 3RCorp (external link)
* Citadel Rock Online Communities (external link)
* CGCOM (external link)
Avonsys (external link) monitors the sites of the Tiki community. Avonsys can monitor your site too in addition to offering general Tiki-related services.
You may also be interested by:
http://www.wikimatrix.org/consultants/TikiWiki+CMS-Groupware (external link)
TikiFest gathering to discover, share, discuss and code together. All opinions about the present and future of Tiki Wiki will be on the table. Discover the new Tiki23 that will be release very soon, follow the discussion and progress on new technologies added or may be added to Tiki, learn about cache improvement and error reporting, improve your code skills by following coders work, etc... Many topics during 4 days from June the 2nd to the 5th 2021
TikiFest Virtual 2021 will be held from June 2 to June 5, and everyone is invited to get together online at tiki.org/live for presentations and discussions.
The open source Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware provides tools for remote collaboration integrated with a wiki, calendar, and database features, among others, so we will be using these in-house tools for the virtual Tikifest.
The Covid-19 pandemic is still impacting travel and other activities around the world. Unfortunately, then, it isn't possible yet to hold a normal in-person TikiFest, to meet and work together in one place for a few days. But with Tiki providing the tools for remote collaboration, we're doing the next-best thing: we're having another virtual TikiFest, following the first one held a year ago.
During the TikiFest, some time slots might have parallel tracks for developers and users (advanced or new) but in any case there will be something for everyone, no matter whether you are a Tiki veteran or are new to Tiki and want to discover how we do things the Tiki way.
Everyone is invited to take part in the Tiki community life and the Tiki project.
Tiki 15 LTS, first released in April 2016, has reached the end of its service life, so is no longer being maintained by the Tiki Community or receiving security fixes or feature updates. Tiki 15 users are urged to upgrade their site to the latest Tiki Long Term Support version. Organizations that for some reason choose to continue using Tiki 15 can seek professional enterprise support from a Tiki consultant.
Hello, folks! We have a Tiki Roundtable Meeting coming up!
Please visit: https://tiki.org/Roundtable-Meeting-2021-04
Add your preferred date/time.
Add your topic(s).
And join us at: https://tiki.org/live.
So far we’ll discuss the Tiki22 status and preparations for the Tiki23 release (in June), and continue with the Tikifest preparations (https://tiki.org/TikiFest-Virtual-2021).
More topics may still be added.
Here is a draft of what it should look like
Here is an
excel sheet of the links related to the splash screen.
If you open the excel sheet, have a look at the tab that says: Proposed Look & Feel