Tiki.org should be revamped to be more attractive, organized and informative, this seems to be a general feeling for most community members.
This page is opened to help to reach this goal.
See also Where things should go.
- chibaguy (Gary Cunningham-Lee)
- add yourself to the list
First we need a playground. As discussed, it should be on demo.tiki.org and it should be linked to trunk for now.
I (ricks99) thinks it should be linked to LTS — not trunk. IMHO, we need a live, high-traffic site running LTS for dogfooding. All the other *.tiki.org sites are already running Trunk.
- First we focus on info.tiki.org, the landing site of Tiki. The goal is to have a modern looking, friendly and informative page that grabs the visitors’ attention. This site remains separated from the rest of the tiki community sites.
Link: not yet
- Next focus is on consolidating smaller subsites as workspaces into the community site with a fresh look.
Maybe we should first list the advantages/disadvantages of consolidating the subsites (subdomains) into the community site, even if this is just a formality. And then, as we dogfood, document how it is done, as a model for other users’ sites. (:Gary)
Link: not yet
- Final step is to migrate doc, dev and community to the consolidated community site.
- TWRminor issues (fmg)
- Make a nice front page with something like: http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CreativeCSS3AnimationMenus/index4.html
- “Executive summary” content like Tiki+FAQs seems more like belonging to info.tiki.org, no?
- I think we should have a page/section for each of the 10 main use cases: show:Tiki+for+Web+agencies#s5 (Marc)
- I think we should have a page/section for each of the main types of users: Use Cases (Marc)
- We should aim for an experience like this: Evolution of participation (Marc)
- Look at: http://info.tiki.org/tiki-list_banners.php
- Add some carousel or slider plugin to the homepage of t.o (and/or the homepage of new tiki installs) to visually display the data in chunks. Example (quick & dirty page done for a workshop):