This page details the use of WikiSyntax for changing the appearance of characters and words within the text you submit to a TikiWiki site. Discussed here are bold, italic, underlining, colored, and monospaced text.
- For information on creating bulleted, numbered, and definition lists with WikiSyntax, see WikiListDoc.
- For information on page layout using WikiSyntax, see WikiPageLayoutDoc.
- For information on linking to Wiki and Web pages, see WikiLinkingDoc.
- If you see a really long line with an unwanted monospace font (like Courier), you left one or more spaces at the beginning of a line. Click Edit, and remove the spaces.
|bold||__text__ (double underscores)||text|
|italic||''text'' (double apostrophes, not quotes)||text|
|underline||===text=== (triple equal signs)||text|
|color||~~#color code: text ~~||text|
|monospace||one or more spaces at beginning of line|| |
For italics, place two apostrophes before and after the text you want to format.
- Example: ''italic'' (note that you must use two apostrophes, not quotation marks).
For bold, place two underscores before and after the text you want to format.
- Example: __bold__ .
For underlining, place three equals signs before and after the text you want to format.
- Example: ===underlining=== .
To create colored text, type two tilde marks ( ~~ ) followed by a hash mark and the color code (such as #FF0000) and a colon; then type the text, and end the format by typing two closing tilde marks.
- Example: ~~#FF0000: text ~~
TIP: See http://www.pagetutor.com/colorpicker/index.html for some color codes you can use.
To create monospace text, begin a line with one or more spaces. Tiki will show the line using the spacing you've typed.
- Be sure to keep your monospaced lines short! If they're too long, they'll push the right column out of the browser display area.
- If the format you want doesn't appear, and you see the formatting characters on-screen, make sure you've used the right characters. Italics requires two apostrophes, not a quotation mark.
- If monospacing doesn't work, your administrator has disabled it.
Visit the SandBox and try it!
This page is for the latest released stable version or release candidate(not stuff in CVS).
Who is working here generally? Link UserPage.