Note that the location is changed. Rowers Pub is closed. The new location is:
Insomnia 563 Bloor St West, just east of Bathurst. call 647-309-4339 or 1-877-WIKI-WEB if you need directions.
Table of contents
Tuesday February 12nd 2008 11h -> late
Evening -> relaxing “chill” evening rolled into the regular Toronto Wiki Tuesdays event.
The new location is Insomnia 563 Bloor St West, just east of Bathurst. call 647-309-4339 or 1-877-WIKI-WEB if you need directions.
join us online
“Codefest” or “Tikifest” events generally have the following goals:
- To raise awareness amongst the broader coder community of selected projects/topics.
- To increase volunteer participation in these projects and train new coders.
- To network with users to discuss how to meet real user requirements.
- To actually code something during the event.
The only difference between a “Codefest” and a “Tikifest” is that the latter is more focused on wikis, while the first could be on more general web content management or Web 2.0.
For example, at the January 08 Codefest held in Montreal, the topics were “Microformats” and “Wiki Translation”. For Microformats, a number of CMS added or enhanced support for it, and support for hCalendar was added to TikiWiki. For “Wiki Translation”, we had a workshop to define user requirements and the overall plan of the project.
- Wiki Translation
- Improve integration between image gallery and wiki pages
- TikiWiki genealogy feature (Val, Nelson, Marc)
- Firefox support
- Wiki translation (Alain, Louis-Philippe, Nelson, Dexter, Seb)
- Social networking / hospitality network functionality: Crash at mine / www.Nomadics.IT TikiWiki integration (Morgan, Nelson)
- Kei.ki migration (Evan, MAJ, Zach, ochoha, Seb)
- Getting started coding in TikiWiki (Eclipse, setting up dev environment), nelson, alain, evan, morgan, Yan, Sébastien
- TikiWiki configuration (ex.: how to active X) Marc, Yan, Regis, Evan
- Improve & add support for a few more microformats (Yan, Marc)
- Take a group picture with the EContent Top 100 plaque (everyone!)
- Bibliography management (ex.: EndNote) for researchers (Marc, Régis, Yan, Seb, Reiner)
- Plan for improving project management in TikiWiki (Régis, Marc, Cyrille)
- Managing XML in TikiWiki for re-use by external apps (Marc)
- 1.10 planning : (Nelson, Marc)
- Template integration (Marc, alain, yan, evan)
- Security script (Nelson, Marc)
- Improving the public face of TikiWiki (Régis, Marc)
- Michael Pilling
- Alvin Chin
- Dexter Lei
- Alain Désilets
- Yan Levasseur
- Louis Philippe Huberdeau
- Morgan Tocker
- Régis Barondeau
- Sébastien Paquet
- Evan Prodromou
- Stéphane Daury
- Dave Eaves
- Majken “Lucy” Connor
- Jason Barnabe
- Other people from SUMO
- Sunir Shah
- Jason Diceman
- Val Cummins
- Vanessa Peters
- All TikiWiki community members within driving distance of Toronto.
- If you are not yet using TikiWiki but curious/interested as to how it could be a good tool for you, this is a great opportunity to get lots of answers from a bunch of fun people
- List on calendars and invite all groups from Montreal & Quebec city (Marc)
- List on calendars and invite all groups from Ottawa (Nelson)
- List on calendars and invite all groups from Toronto (Mike P)
- Using Tiki Maps, identify all Tikiwiki.org users within 500 km of Montreal (Franck) and invite them (Marc)