«FOSDEM is a free event that offers open source communities a place to meet, share ideas and collaborate.
It is renowned for being highly developer-oriented and brings together 5000+ geeks from all over the world.»
Jyhem has attended for 4 years in a row and confirms that it's huge, it's chaotic, it's fun, and well worth attending.
Most of everything is in english.
Table of contents
- Joint stand application together with wikis-oriented communities (accepted)
- Get Social
- Current status (accepted)
- Other events
- TikiFest after the event
- More ideas welcome ...
- Resources - to buy / to order
- Leaflets need preparing and printing
- TikiFest agenda
FOSDEM 4 & 5 February 2017
TikiFest 6, 7 & 8 February 2017
FOSDEM will take place at the ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium, Europe, Earth.
XWiki and DokuWiki
The Tiki community would like to send a joint application for a booth together with other wikis-oriented communities, like we did very successfully last year for Fosdem2016 with the Xwiki community and the DokuWiki community.
The reasons are:
- it is important and it is required to have at least 2 people on the booth. We plan to be about 6 but there are a lot of conferences and booths we want to see, too.
- There is a lot of competition for booths so a joint application has more chances of being accepted.
- The more, the merrier. After all, we also travel to Brussels in order to meet people.
Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem) has contacted the XWiki, the DokuWiki and the MediaWiki communities.
We need to have 2 people on the stand at al times.
Tiki community participants register below for both the stand and the TikiFest, under the Who section.
Have been contacted: Ludovic Dubost, Vincent Massol, marketing
- Anca Luca
- Eduard Moraru
- Caleb (if talk accepted)
- Aaron (if talk accepted)
Saturday and Sunday night WikiSuite events (see: http://wikisuite.org/FOSDEM-2017 )
Will happen at the airBnB.
Schedule and real list of topics for the 3 days will be decided on monday morning.
- show.tiki.org version 2
- How to manage the copyright notices in our files (act on https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/mailman/message/35471725/)
See schedule: https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/
There is usually a FOSDEM-organized big Beer event on friday night before the event but it's totally overrated (unless you came alone, you know nobody and you like being crammed with total strangers with no intention of finding your friends). So we should come up with some better plan
Saturday night is usually spent in center-town bars together with people's own, or friendly open-sources projects
- Jyhem (the organizer) (Tiki)
- Torsten (Tiki)
- Gezza (Tiki)
- Jonny (Tiki)
- Ines (Tiki)
- amette (Tiki)
- Anca Luca (XWiki)
- Eduard Moraru (XWiki)
- Fabio (Tiki)
- Marc (WikiSuite)
- add yourself by writing your username one line above
* add yourself by writing your username one line above
|what's needed||who brings|
|beer for a starter||Torsten (approx. 30 cans from 2016)|
|screen (for video/presentation)||Torsten if coming with car (likely)|
|Tiki-shirts rest||Torsten (only few left after Budapest (TikiFestHu2016)|
|100 Tiki-shirts new||Jyhem|
|2 A3 plastic posters||Jyhem|
|Tiki brochures / flyer / leaflets|
|what's needed||who pays||who takes care of purchase|
|100 Tiki-shirts new||Nelson||Jyhem (I got them at my place)|
- We need to review the content (and fix some icons), the page is Promo Sheet
- We will print them on the Friday afternoon preferably, there are various print shops near the university
How to get there, etc.
The event is Free and free.
- Phone and internet: http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Belgium
- recommended by Frank: http://www.alditalk.be/ similar to product in Germany
Other events not too long before or after FOSDEM
- http://wikisuite.org/FOSDEM-2017 3 events of interest to Tiki folks
- https://2017.open.coop/ (London)
10 o'clock meeting (UTC) - late start
Custom LESS & themes (tb+)
link to demo on Promo Sheet
will be handled via Wiki pages and MPDF soon, no need to edit SVG now
- Coding session
- Images in Trackers
- Attachments in Trackers
- Modules management freezing
- Fix doc/dev Backups
- nextdoc.tiki.org blocked by a backup bug
Users approval on community sites
- fix login on branding.tiki.org (Jyhem said he'll do after the TikiFest)
- KIL stuff and autocomplete Wiki
- Show.t.o v2
- isolate instances
- archive instance
- security upgrades (disable Tiki)
- Mother.tiki.org / Tiki Connect
- Installer 1-Button Upgrade vs rpm vs apt
- Webhooks (jb)
- Translation Workflow http://i18n.tiki.org vs Transifex
- Blockchain Crypto Thingy