This text should be merged to Internationalization
The project is slowly starting at: i18n.tiki.org
Tiki’s multilingual features are already very good. It is possible to manage a site in 35+ languages. It is also possible to manage a multilingual site with a single Tiki install. However, there are still a lot of ideas to improve.
- DogFood, debug, showcase and enhance all i18n features to improve Tiki as:
- an Open source Translation management system.
- a Multilingual wiki
- a Multilingual Content Management System
- To have an area dedicated to translations, multilingual, i18n and l10n issues.
- Translation upstream
- How can we have Tiki translated in 100 languages?
- Promote some little known scripts like:
- Identify & contact everyone that has ever translated for Tiki.
- Contact people for each language (with maps.tiki.org and from chosen language in User preferences) and put them in contact with each other.
- Coordinate TikiFests in various countries
- Participate to wiki-translation.com
Please add your name below if you want to participate. When 5 people are ready to go, we’ll launch the project. We’ll need a coordinator.
- Xavi de Pedro (I offer some time for testing, documenting...)
- Wesley Willians (i offer some time for testing, translating, etc)